Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
Could it be possible that the fuel pump is failing?
If the fuel pump/filter/regulator is/are failing it will show up in the fuel volume and fuel pressure tests.

Before doing a fuel pressure test (unless you have easy access to a fuel pressure gauge) I would do as JayV suggested, remove the fuel pump and take a look at the pump and inside the tank.

When draining the tank be sure to capture everything that comes out so you can inspect for water/gunk.

Reading back through the posts, this bike sat for 5 years with the previous owner?
Did this bike ever run well for you, and if so, how many trouble-free miles has it given you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If the fuel pump/filter/regulator is/are failing it will show up in the fuel volume and fuel pressure tests.

Before doing a fuel pressure test (unless you have easy access to a fuel pressure gauge) I would do as JayV suggested, remove the fuel pump and take a look at the pump and inside the tank.

When draining the tank be sure to capture everything that comes out so you can inspect for water/gunk.

Reading back through the posts, this bike sat for 5 years with the previous owner?
Did this bike ever run well for you, and if so, how many trouble-free miles has it given you?
Alright I’ll take a look into it then. And yes the bike sat in a garage when I purchased it, it ran like a champ for about 6k miles in 2 months(I’ve owned it for 2 months)

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
That is not good but not terrible either, worse has been posted. Was there any sign of water?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts