Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my Gilles Tooling rear sets, compatible with 2nd generation SV650, SV650s, SV1000, SV1000s. These are in fantastic condition, and I have just replaced one of the footpegs with a new one as there were some scrapes on it. The new one is a slightly different style than the old one, but you never see both sides of the bike at once, so it doesn't really matter. If you were really OCD you could buy another of the new-style footpegs to have them matching. They are $41 each at oppracing.

This set also includes the carbonfibre heel protectors, and all of the hardware needed to mount them properly.

I am only selling these because I am moving onto a bike other than an SV650. Otherwise I would keep them as they are truly beautiful....works of art, even! They are difficult to find used, so I doubt you'll see another set like these out there! SVracingparts sells aftermarket SV rearsets for around 400 new, and they are nowhere near as nice as these! These rearsets currently retail brand new for $540

http://www.oppracing.com/product_display/3527-gilles-tooling-as31gt-rear-sets/

Pick them up now for $375.

Please email me with any questions mjneumann(at)gmail.com, or send a text to: 778-229-twonine81. I am not on the forum often, so PM's may not get replied to quickly.

I am located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. I will ship, buyer responsible for shipping fees.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

And here is an image of them mounted on my bike:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one with the funny curve on the bottom (UF01) is the old style. The new one (UF04) is supposed to be better all-round.
Yep, the one with the little black cap on the end is the newer one. Thinking about grabbing another of the new style ones just to make the set less mis-matched.

Bump again, and thanks for the comments. These are just sitting here in my closet since I'm riding a Ducati 696 now.

Offers!

·
Vendor
9,958 Posts
I am selling my Gilles Tooling rear sets, compatible with 2nd generation SV650, SV650s, SV1000, SV1000s. .....They are difficult to find used, so I doubt you'll see another set like these out there!

SVracingparts sells aftermarket SV rear sets for around 400 new, and they are nowhere near as nice as these!

These rear sets currently retail brand new for $540........]
Just to keep it all real and factual...SV Racing Parts Rear Sets in Silver like these are $234.99 all in Shipped Free anywhere in the USA, not $400,

Regardless of pricing differences both Gilles and SV Racing Parts are great rear sets,

Good luck on the sale,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shrug.

I never checked. Someone else just said to me "those are way nicer than the SV racing parts ones, and they're around 400 bucks." My apologies. If you want the SVracingparts rearsets, go ahead and buy them, I'm sure they are quality product. Doesn't change the fact that these are beautiful rearsets, and worth the money.

Bump.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually, just wanted to add that I will consider trades. Not for anything SV-specific as I have a monster now, but I would consider trades (partial or whole, depending on value) for anything like:

- front and rear stands

- quality race boots (size 46/47 depending on brand)

- all-weather gear, lightweight textile gear (no leathers, i'm good there)(i'm 6'2, for sizing range)

- potentially ladies gear in size small range....boots, pants, jacket (stuff fitting 5'2 - 5'7 ish, thin)

- spine protector

- i would even consider trade for *new* tires. (pretty sure my monster and SV's use the same size) Michelin CT2's would be first choice.

That's about all I can think of. I may even consider trades for other random things...electronics...sports gear.....so if you have some other interesting idea let me know. Odds are slimmer that I'll go for stuff like that, but...you never know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts