Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say.....as much as I love my '05 naked, I'm not too pleased with how the mirrors look on the bike. There must be better looking mirrors to put on this thing.

Have any of you guys changed out the mirrors? I like to know what you put on if you did. And if possible what they look like.

Any recommendations?

Not looking to buy them right now, as money is pretty tight for right now, but I'd like to know where to go when i'm finally ready to make the mod.

Thanks guys. Feel free to post pictures.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Flatline said:
http://www.biketiresdirect.com/productdetail.asp?p=3EEYE

$9.95.

Not the best angle, but here they are on my bike:
+1

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
slappermouth said:
I have to say.....as much as I love my '05 naked, I'm not too pleased with how the mirrors look on the bike. There must be better looking mirrors to put on this thing.

Have any of you guys changed out the mirrors? I like to know what you put on if you did. And if possible what they look like.

Any recommendations?

Not looking to buy them right now, as money is pretty tight for right now, but I'd like to know where to go when i'm finally ready to make the mod.

mirrors are prolly the most common SV mod, not only are they FUGLY, but their ineffective unless you like looking at your shoulders for most riders

recomendations... depeends on the look you want

hooligan & effectiveness---- Napoleon Bar end mirrors

·
Registered
745 Posts
67GTONUT said:
http://www.monstrack.com/mirrors.html

Expensive........ but my next mod

I have them, the longs actually clear your elbows. :wink:

Seriously, I love them. Great quality and they are oh so sexy. Check out my Rally pics for the silver anodized version.

Just be sure to tell Kevin when you order that they are for a SV. You have to get two mirrors with the same threads. Ducs use a right and a left.

·
Registered
231 Posts
RandyO said:
slappermouth said:

Any recommendations?

mirrors are prolly the most common SV mod, not only are they FUGLY, but their ineffective unless you like looking at your shoulders for most riders

recomendations... depeends on the look you want

hooligan & effectiveness---- Napoleon Bar end mirrors
Ditto! Exactly what RandyO just said. Its my opinion Napolean Bar-End Mirrors look great on the Naked SV. 8)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to have to check out these napoleons. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
745 Posts
depends on which ones you get. I got the longs, the ones pictured are the shorts. Click in my sig to see the longs. They go out just a tiny bit further than my Type 2s.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After riding 4 yrs with Napoleon bar end mirrors I got sick of looking down to look back. I am searching for great mirrors in place of stock position. I know everyone wants cool looks however safety should be taken into consideration. Taking your eyes off the road to look down is not safe. I have had no accident related to Napoleon mirrors but few times it was too close.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
it will work on SVS but on nakeds they will look crap.

·
Registered
113 Posts
WeezerKDI said:
67GTONUT said:
http://www.monstrack.com/mirrors.html

Expensive........ but my next mod

I have them, the longs actually clear your elbows. :wink:

Seriously, I love them. Great quality and they are oh so sexy. Check out my Rally pics for the silver anodized version.

Just be sure to tell Kevin when you order that they are for a SV. You have to get two mirrors with the same threads. Ducs use a right and a left.
Does the nut behind the mirror made with aluminum or steal. I hate mirror hardware rusting. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rosier said:
Arvan said:
it will work on SVS but on nakeds they will look crap.
I don't see your point. They won't even work on an SVS. I like that they're more sleak and sporty than the Micky ears.

BTW is the Matchless in you're avatar yours?
I guess if you like them then that's all it counts.No,there is no way I can afford the Matchless.I love that bike along with Norton singles.Right now I am working to turn my SV to bad ass street fighter in more British tradition.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Rosier said:
I like these bikemaster oval mirrors:

Does anybody have any experience with these?
I think those are the ones I got off ebay. I was unimpressed and put the mickey mousers back on.

They are pretty small, and they are flat mirrors (not convex like OEMs), so you don't see that much in them. They also vibrated a lot. They are also really short stems which means you can only see your arms. Worse that the stockers, IMO.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
The mirrors from a KTM Duke II bolt right up in the stock location, and IMO look way better than the stockers. They are a bit farther out than the stock ones, so I barely have to move my elbow to get a clear view. Virtually no vibration, either. They're also the same ones coming on the new Super Duke.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts