Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Do freeway on ramps count???ha ha. I have to travel about an hour into the San Diego Mountains to find good twisty roads.

One of the Cali riders here, I think it was Eddiemon wrecked through one of those Freeway U turn style merge ramps. Fun but not a good place to wreck when trying to merge on a busy freeway. I take them at a good angle most the time and sliped on some oil, I almost lost control but got very lucky. I would have gone into and over the guard rail at that time. You have some decent tracks in So. Cal... I would check those out. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I hate you, Fl has got to be one of the worst place's for finding roads like that!!
Preach it brother. I've spent about an hour looking at Mapquest over my area trying to find anything that has a decent twist in it, but every single time I think I've found something, it turns out to be the middle of a neighborhood.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are tons of twistie roads near you! Look up 191...about 90 miles of twisties between Alpine,AZ and Morenci,AZ. Also got 180 that runs beside it in the NM side. You have Mt. Lemon in Tucson, SRC, TTF, 89A, etc.
That was sarcasm on my part, I have been on Mt. Lemon and semi-liked it (I was kind of scared the two times that I went on it; mostly because I felt like I was going to run out of gas and I was getting passed by other motorcyclists on the way down, but I made sure to pull off and let them by).

I hope to do more rides with the locals (and on my own), due to my bike running tones better.

So you have an awesome bike and never seen one of those signs? I feel honestly and deeply sorry for you :p
My bike is not awesome, it is okay at best. =P

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
My bike is not awesome, it is okay at best. =P
We are all made equal... every bike is awesome ;)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
NONo443, You should check out Inde Motorsports Ranch in Willcox,AZ or Arroyo Seco in Deming,NM. Inde is a new track with elevation, very fun track, cost $155.00. Arroyo Seco is more laid back, good people, flat but still fun track, and cost about $80. May be a good track to start on since, you can rent leathers, there is usually less people there and free coaching. (check out TTi2T website)

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
^ So your rental car was in the SV's natural habitat while your bike was sitting at home!? That's just wrong. I know how you feel though, During the 2009 SV rally I drove my truck to West Virgina to visit family for a couple days and thought...why am I driving a 3/4 ton truck though these amazing twisties? Since then I have purchased a trailer for long trips so I can bring the bike. ;D

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I couldn't fly and we had a wedding to go to in Oregon. A very L O O N G road trip in a crappy little car. I wanted to bring the bike along, but there really wasn't going to be much time to ride. A small car that got nearly twice the mileage of my truck seemed like a good idea.

·
Registered
493 Posts
This one of the favorite spots about an hour from my house.
I was on a Bandit 1200 following my neighbors 07 Yamaha r6.
Couldn't match him in the curves but had fun on the straights :)

·
Banned
3,813 Posts
Lucky me!!!

My winding road ONLY stops when they flag me, is time to go home...

;D Luis

21 - 40 of 47 Posts