Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Mine goes looking for rain... its really annoying. Maybe I need to train it better.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually live in the wrong end of Kentucky for those roads, I go to Tennessee to find them, this is Tennessee 232 In Stewart County.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I agree w/ yak50. Here in the Houston, TX area, seems like I have to ride at least an hour before I see a sign indicating twisties ahead. Even then, it's hard to find a stretch of twisties that lastseven a few miles - quite often it seems like only two or three turns.:(
I'm looking forward to riding the Three Sisters in the Texas Hill country later this year.

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
You should come to the Utah Rockies. Serious twists start just half mile from where I live.

Drawback: 6 months of snow every year. :icon_puke_l:

Regards!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I live in the wrong part of NC for good roads. It's 2 hours of slab to find anything decent around here.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
What does that sign mean? I have never encountered a sign like that.
There are tons of twistie roads near you! Look up 191...about 90 miles of twisties between Alpine,AZ and Morenci,AZ. Also got 180 that runs beside it in the NM side. You have Mt. Lemon in Tucson, SRC, TTF, 89A, etc.

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
What does that sign mean? I have never encountered a sign like that.
So you have an awesome bike and never seen one of those signs? I feel honestly and deeply sorry for you :p

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
To get a bit more cosmopolitan, in Spain (and pretty much all of Europe) these signs look like this:

One more (rather old) example from France:

Ciao
Jan

1 - 20 of 47 Posts