Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just replaced my stock 2 pot SV stoppers with a pair of GSXR 4 pot units, SS brake lines (galfer) - one to each caliper & a Nissin radial MC.
The bike is all stock other than a set of Renthal bars.

My brake lines seem very tight when the forks are extended.
I can't put any type of bracket on the forks to retain the brake lines or they are absolutely too tight.

The lines are supposed to be the correct length and MC bend type for this application.

I'm looking for any pix of brake line routing for your mods.
Also looking for any lengths, left and right, for the lines you installed for a similar mod.

I'm kind of stuck until I get the brake lines sorted.

My lines go from MC, next to then in front of the top triple tree next to the right headlight bracket mount, behind the headlight, down the middle & over the front of the lower triple tree.
The right-hand line goes to the right caliper behind the front fork.
The left-hand line goes behind the left fork to the left caliper.

IMG_3999.jpg IMG_4001.jpg IMG_4002.jpg IMG_4003.jpg IMG_4004.jpg IMG_4005.jpg IMG_4007.jpg IMG_4006.jpg IMG_4009.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
GSXR forks are shorter than SV forks, so if you're using stock length GSXR lines it makes sense they would be shorter... especially if your bars are higher/wider than clip-ons as per the GSXR setup.

My understanding is most people who do this swap are swapping forks as well. I think the only solutions, in order of practicality, would be:
  • custom length lines. Most of the major brands will make lines up to your spec.
  • investigate longer off the shelf lines from something like a ZX10
  • change to clip-ons to shorten the distance between MC and calipers
  • drop forks through the triples. Will only get you a few mm and obviously has implications for handling, but if you are currently at stock height that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • go all-out and swap in some GSXR forks/triples/wheel as well. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I already have Honda cartridges & updated springs in the front so a bit on the fence regarding a whole front end swap but maybe someday...

While the calipers and MC are GSXR the lines were from a 3rd party. I measured my own and ordered new ones from Galfer which had better clearance from the MC and better length to the calipers.

Now I just have to bleed them (again) and see how it goes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts