Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i have a 2009 SV650SF, it has the factory exhaust on it, someone in a ride group i hang with has a 2012 GSXR1000 that he just replaced the stock exhaust on, i was wondering how hard and if it is even possible to put his titanium can on my bike... would it cause problems with the engine and possibly require a remap?? any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
87 Posts
take your old can off and see if it works. pipe diameters the same? I'm sure you'd have to fab up some mounts for sure.

also, you may get more responses in the non-gladius section ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i was kinda asking before i purchased and cut into my pipes, that way i kinda knew what i was getting into.
and my bad but i thought this section was for '09 SV650's

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check pipe diameter of both bikes. If they are the same then hack your stock pipe off and clap on the gsxr one. You shouldn't have an issue with remapping as it would practically be a slip on and most of us with slip ons haven't remapped our bikes. Just my .02. Somebody please correct my if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,843 Posts
it's been done. but why would you want that big ugly heavy can on your bike. you do know it's not going to make your bike sound like a GSXR... Right.?.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts