Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen members ask about error codes in dealer mode so I copied the codes from the 2003+ dealer service manual.

If this is a repost, my bad but a quick search didnt find anything. Hope this helps members.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
And also a how to:

1: You will need to make your ‘dealer mode tool’…

Simply take a piece of wire about 3 inches long and strip back about 8mm of the insulating sheath (twist the cores together on multi-core cable). Snip off the last 2-3mm with a pair of scissors or a wire cutter to leave a clean end.

: Undo & remove the pillion seat.

2: Locate the Dealer Mode Activation Connector
If you look into the tail unit from behind, on the left hand side you should see a bunch of a few wires & connectors behind a bit of plastic protruding from the undertray.
Follow this bit of plastic down towards the rider’s saddle and you should find another connector. It’s rectangular, white plastic with 6 holes for connectors in and only 4 of them used. It also has a black rubberised cover on it.

3: Turn off your ignition and put your ‘dealer mode tool’ in the two terminals that are next to each other.

**WARNING**
Do NOT short out the wire onto the chassis or any other part of the bike. Do NOT connect either of the other two terminals to anything.

4: With the ‘tool’ still in the connector turn on your ignition. The temperature display should have disappeared and now you will see a little line (like a minus sign), the letter c followed by two zeros. If you have any other numbers shown in this display, see below to diagnose your bike’s fault.

CODE MALFUNCTION PART REMARKS
COO None No defective part
C12 Crankshaft position sensor (CKPS) Pick-up coil signal, signal generator
C13 Intake air position sensor (ZAPS)
C14 Throttle position sensor (TPS)
C15 Engine coolant temperature sensor (ECTS)
C21 Intake air temperature sensor (IATS)
C23 Tip over sensor (TOS)

C24 Ignition signal #1 (IG coil #1) For #1 cylinder
C25 Ignition signal #2 (IG coil #2) For #2 cylinder
C28 Secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA)
C29 Secondary throttle position sensor (STPS)
C31 Gear position signal (GP switch)
C32 Fuel injector signal #1 For #1 cylinder
C33 Fuel injector signal #2 For #2 cylinder
C41 Fuel pump control system (FP control system) Fuel pump relay
C42 Ignition switch signal (IG switch signal) Anti-theft
C49 PAIR control solenoid valve

·
Registered
121 Posts
One question. If your bike doesn't have the stock cluster, I'm running a trail tech, how are you to retreive error codes?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
lol ya you'd kind of need a computer to pull codes....

This thread should be cleaned, locked and stickied......seriously

EDIT: oh to add tho, on my 08 the dealer mode plug is under the right rear corner of the gas tank, can get at it by removing the little side cover, not sure what year exactly but it got moved at some point.

·
Registered
108 Posts
lol ya you'd kind of need a computer to pull codes....

This thread should be cleaned, locked and stickied......seriously

EDIT: oh to add tho, on my 08 the dealer mode plug is under the right rear corner of the gas tank, can get at it by removing the little side cover, not sure what year exactly but it got moved at some point.
i know this is old, but this post was a savior

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That particular connector has a blank rubber cap over it as sold out the door.
Doesn't connect to anything other than a dealer connector to do readouts.
( or a user supplied jumper wire )

I have not looked up what the other two wires have on the opposite ends.
Don't connect them to anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is the white connector connected to anything or is it just supposed to have the rubber cap on it?

Bad pics since its at night but here is what I got:

The white connector and the black one next to it both had little rubber connectors on them.

NEver mind I got it to work.

The code is -c00. Bike runs and starts with no problem. How do You clear codes? I can't find a straight answer on this. Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
If your bike is showing -c00 you have nothing to clear. It will always display that in dealer mode unless something is wrong.

If you actually do throw a code, say for example you forget to plug in a sensor and you get c21, the code will automatically clear once the system no longer detects a fault (you plug it back in/fix it/etc.)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Instead of plugging in wires and risking screwing up,can anyone tell me what to order and how much they are for the "dealer mode tool"

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks.One valuable thing is I wont need an xtra key to get under the seat because that $15 plug-in has a lead on it.
As I understand you need to leave the key on when you get a FI light because it does not store the info. I have an intermittent FI light that comes on at times.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks.One valuable thing is I wont need an xtra key to get under the seat because that $15 plug-in has a lead on it.
As I understand you need to leave the key on when you get a FI light because it does not store the info. I have an intermittent FI light that comes on at times.
I haven't heard anything about leaving the key on when you get an FI light. Each time I read something about a dealer mode tool though, it says to turn the key off to install the tool, then turn the bike back on. That may be different with the switch on the actual tool.

I can see the point in not digging for the connector each time though, especially if you have a finicky FI light.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Just trying to get some clarity here, the past week or so I've had an FI light come on 4 times, 3 times of which it was the FI light on the cluster, and 1 of the times it was the oil light.

In order for me to get the error code its throwing, How would I do that? When It comes on it when im getting on the bike 'hard' and in the early morning only it seems.

Do i connect the wire to the dealer connector and run it till the FI light pops on again, or do I run it until the error comes up, then put it in dealer mode?

I ask this because as soon as I turn off the key, it resets the FI light, so I'd assume running it til light, stop, pull over put in dealermode and the code would pop up?

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
had this happen again today, but i ended up turning off the ignition after I fumbled with the dealer mode connection and turned off the bike because it was getting a bit hot and didn't think about it.

Is it possible to put the bike into dealer mode while its running ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts