Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, the spools I get and sell with my swingarm sliders come from a guy that had a CNC. I had made my own initially, but the ones I get from him are nicer...CNC..and the cost of my buying is better than the time it takes me to make a nice set myself. I make the delrin sliders though..that is of course the easier part to machine...manually.

Well, he was also into SV's at one time, and had made some sv650 oil plugs. He asked if I would be interested selling what he has left...I said sure.

These are the best pics I could take on an early Sunday morning..after a late saturday night out anyway. ;D Don't mind the crappy gen I cover..it was for some R&D.

The are machined from 6061, and have SV650 engraved into them..and the inside of the threaded section is hollow for weight savings. They have a 12mm hex head..and only available in silver. They will go great with all those clear clutch covers that Nille and Wdeick have been selling..or with any Woodcraft case as well

They are selling for $12 each, and $2.50 for S&H. No S&H if you are ordering other stuff from me....no prob to just throw in with.

I have three right now...first come, first serve for them. after that, I will start a batch list..and get ten people at a time interested, prepaid...just so I don't get stuck with oil plugs I can not personally use.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?? I thought these would fly?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have the anodizing connection, no? I wish I had one, but no such luck.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kev..but you are probably right...cost of shipping them to you alone would make it not worth while. Hopefully people will be up for buying in silver.

I am glad I only bought three at this point...I though these would fly better, but it seems not.

For the people that looked....what made you look but not wanna buy?? price, color, just don't care that much about the oil fill thingy?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
For the people that looked....what made you look but not wanna buy?? price, color, just don't care that much about the oil fill thingy?
I looked, but didn't wanna buy:
Color - it's just plain AL. Which brings me to my next point...
Necessity - why do I need it? Why should I want it?
Ease of use - you mean I have to carry a 12mm at all times?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
I looked, but didn't wanna buy:
Color - it's just plain AL. Which brings me to my next point...
Necessity - why do I need it? Why should I want it?
Ease of use - you mean I have to carry a 12mm at all times?
yeah... kinda my feelings... curiosity more than anything had me look but... requiring a 12mm tool vs. hands and seems like it would only look good on an aluminum case cover personally just doesn't doesn't make me want to buy.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pics deleted? please fix!
The pics are still there.....might be a filter or something why you are not seeing?

yeah... kinda my feelings... curiosity more than anything had me look but... requiring a 12mm tool vs. hands and seems like it would only look good on an aluminum case cover personally just doesn't doesn't make me want to buy.
OK, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I could do that too.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Maybe replace the hex with a single slit that the stockers have. Maybe that would get people to bite. Finger tightening it is enough.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still haven't sold any?

BUMP
Nope, but gave one away to a local guy. I was wise to only buy three.

Its funny though...people not wanting to use it cause it has a nut instead of the tab stock thing. Every time I take mine off , I need pliers to do it anyway. A 12 mm wrench would be easier. Maybe I'll just use one for my bike....just fill in the SV650 part. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.