Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's a local ad for a 2005 Half Naked SV650 that's copper colored. The frame is black, so I think its a 2005, but after researching a bit I can't seem to find another SV650 in that color from factory. The seller says it has never been dropped or laid down.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean the seller either:

a) Painted the existing fairings (half naked version)

OR

b) Is lying about the year?

EDIT: I don't know if different countries have different colors, but this is a Canadian bike.

·
Registered
594 Posts
a) possible
b) not likely - The frame will have the VIN and date of manufacture on it
c) swapped the tank and all plastics with a OEM copper coloured '03

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owner says the colour was a special order that year. Can anybody validate this?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I believe Copper was a standard color in 2003 only. Not sure about custom colors from the factory on an SV, never heard of it.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
The owner is lying if he said that it was special order. The SV650 only came in copper in 03 here in Canada. The black frame came in 05. The subframe from on the 03 is different than the 05, so if the plastics were all changed the tail probably doesnt fit right. Unless the subframe was also swaped/painted from an 03.

Best way to figure it out is go take a look at the bike and check out the VIN number on the frame (on the righnt side of the steering stem) and the motor (near the bottom of the motor, dont remember which side) See if they match. Then figure out the year based on the VIN's

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't seen the bike in person yet, but he gave me a valid VIN # that's clean. I guess there's no way until I see the bike in person. Even still, this person is lying about the "special order" right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts