Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for all you, Could you put the Sv1000s rear wheel on the Sv650s? Im asking because I keep hearing about guy wanting to put the gsx-r rear wheel on there Sv650 and I was think the Sv1000s wasa closer reladed to the Sv650 then the GSX-r
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
MountindewSV said:
I have a question for all you, Could you put the Sv1000s rear wheel on the Sv650s? Im asking because I keep hearing about guy wanting to put the gsx-r rear wheel on there Sv650 and I was think the Sv1000s wasa closer reladed to the Sv650 then the GSX-r
I believe that the SV1k and the GSXR rear are the same size. Either one will not fit on the 650 with modifications
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
me and you are in the same boat buddy. both wheels from a cbr f3 and a gsxr will fit with spacers that someone hear sellls. i have not gotten a response yet as to exactly what you need to do it. im hearing though that a front wheel is a pain so just do the rear. which leaves you with 2 choices.
1- f3 wheel, doesnt match stock front at all.
2- gsxr wheel should look almost stock.

If you get any more info let me know and ill do the same for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
gsxr wheel requires serious machining to line up properly. threre are a few on this board who will do this work happily for lots of $$. the same guys will provide spacers for the F3 wheel for much less $. info on this has been posted before - try the search engine and use "AND" between words (gsxr AND rear AND wheel). - jeff h
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
first i just wanna say the search here sucks ass. sorry but i tried. second from what ive seen they offer spacers for the gsxr wheels too.

if you can please give more of what you know cause ive been searching for days when all i need is 1 person to help me out. thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
i agree, the search blows goats... i just did a quick search and don't feel like digging all night. this was the first question i asked when i became a member of this forum. i'm sure spacers would make the wheel fit, but the rear sprocket will not line up properly. from memory, spacers must be made, the wheel needs to be machined and the cush drive needs to be machined. Zoran has done this before and like i said, he will do it again for big bucks. i'm sure DucOwner and Jarelj would do the work as well. the F3 only needs spaces that both of these shops can provide for much less $. having the exact gsxr wheel to match my front doesn't concern me much. imho, if you are going to spend the cash, why not drop more for aftermarket wheels? hit up TWF and DucOwner / jarelj and see what the difference in cost is. - jeff h
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
The GSXR wheel is not a simple bolt on no matter how much you want it to be.
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
mario60185 said:
first i just wanna say the search here sucks ass. sorry but i tried. second from what ive seen they offer spacers for the gsxr wheels too.

if you can please give more of what you know cause ive been searching for days when all i need is 1 person to help me out. thanks.
depends what year gsxr wheel you talking about.96 and newer(as well as sv1000)will not fit with spacers only.wheel and cush has to be machined.
I hear older than 96 will fit with spacers only but I never tried,so not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
so the f3 is the only wheel thatll fit without major work? do i need the whole rear wheel assembly, like axle, bearings, sprocket, brake, ect. im not real sure of all the little parts for a rear wheel as ive only taken mine off once and cant remember
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
mario60185 said:
so the f3 is the only wheel thatll fit without major work?

do i need the whole rear wheel assembly, like axle, bearings, sprocket, brake, ect. im not real sure of all the little parts for a rear wheel as ive only taken mine off once and cant remember
Yes.

Yes. for other than F3

Early 90's GSXR wheels can be fit with only spacers, they weigh a lot! AndyAuger says the weight doesn't matter so go for it!
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
mario60185 said:
so the f3 is the only wheel thatll fit without major work? do i need the whole rear wheel assembly, like axle, bearings, sprocket, brake, ect. im not real sure of all the little parts for a rear wheel as ive only taken mine off once and cant remember
you need F3 rear wheel with cush and rotor.you dont need axle,brake caliper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
ANGELofDEBT said:
I believe that the SV1k and the GSXR rear are the same size. Either one will not fit on the 650 with modifications
wonder if a SV1000 arm will fit the sv650? maybe then you can install a gsxr wheel
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
as far mods go.pre srad wheel does look a lot like stock.94/95 gsxr wheel and bandit1200.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top