Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I have a few questions about these thing. First of all...do yall have any suggestions for a TRE for an 05 SV1kS? Next...do you feel that it is a worth while mod to make to the bike? Will it cause any unforseen issues? A sacraifice in ridability, drastic drop in MPG...etc...

Looking for some advice...cause right now...low RPM (2k to 3.7k) and I are just not friends...

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
What you need sir, is not the TRE mod, but the TPS (trottle position sensor) adjustment. Free, and make such a different on low speed smoothness and driveability that you'll swear you're on a different bike.

Do a search on TPS adjustment, you'll find plenty of info and a great how-to.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not only the TPS adjustment but also sync the T/B's when in there. It makes a very noticeable difference. I have the Christie Automotive Smart TRE which disengages in neutral so that RPM's aren't affected during warm up. You can also go with Ivans TRE or www.checkeredmotorsports.net

They do make a difference but not a WOW mod.

Cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
SVmonkey said:
I am having problems with the Checkered Motor link...and cant seem to find anything about the Christies TRE...am I missing something?
I think you can find checkered TRE's on ebay currently.

G

·
2WIN said:
Not only the TPS adjustment but also sync the T/B's when in there.  It makes a very noticeable difference. 
Ditto on that - a worthwhile part of regular maintenance. Smooths out the engine considerably (depending on far out they are of course).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts