Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all, new to the forum here. Just bought my first SV (my first big twin actually) a few weeks ago, LOVE the bike! It had quite high milage so I was expecting a little work to be done on it. I've read up on some known problems and came across the magnets problem, so decided to check how mine were holding up and sure enough, they all moved and they are almost all broken. So no chance of removing them and glueing them back in place. Also there seem to be no used flywheels for sale at the moment in my area..

As I see it now I have 2 options:
-Replace the magnets on my flywheel (need to find some magnets though)
-Find a replacement (used) flywheel, either from an SV1000 or another model that uses the same flywheel if this is possible, as there are no used SV1000 flywheels for sale in my area. A brand new one seems expensive...

Option 1: Has anyone ever found replacement magnets for their flywheel? Does anyone know if the SV650 flywheel magnets are the same? There are quite a few SV650 flywheels for sale in my area but no SV1000 flywheels. If the magnets are the same I will buy a SV650 flywheel, remove the magnets, and put them in my flywheel. Is this possible?
Option 2: Does anyone know of a different model flywheel that will bolt in with no to mimimal modifications?

·
Registered
19 Posts
lots of info on the sv1000 here.

At 51k miles i found 2 loose magnets. I opted for a new flywheel. Not cheap at all. I work in the automotive field so $400 is penuts for some of the work i do for other people. I sold my old flywheel owerseas and it has a new life for someone else. You can look for a used one but might take a while. Try this guy out. He sells lots of sv parts. he has no used flywheels now but inventory changes. good luck

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Hey Kpotmake, I'm in the DC Metro Area and have the notorious flywheel magnet problem. I am currently cleaning out the casing and awaiting a new flywheel rotor after finding none available. I have a few magnets, where is your area?

Attachments

Reactions: TeeRiver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. I live in Holland. I am interested in buying some magnets if you would be willing to ship them (I would of course pay for the shipping). Can you think about a price? I would also be interested in the flywheel that the magnets came out of

·
Premium Member
2,043 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I would also be interested in the flywheel that the magnets came out of
You're welcome, no problem, we'll work something out, I'm sure. I haven't been on the forums in a few years, so the site is really different than before. I was googling for magnets too about a week ago and your post came up. DM me your shipping address.

Do you mean the rotor magnet housing assembly in the picture? (If so, this will add significantly to the weight of shipping, but is doable.) The Rotor Assembly US part is 3210216G10 and all other locations is part 3210216G00, I haven't the faintest what is different about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts