Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Wow, want to make me a subframe? I was working on one to put a Monster seat on my dad's SV1000 but it won't look anywhere near as nice as yours.

Also, let me know if you're looking to get rid of the vrod headlight

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm with him, I have a monster seat and I'm about to hack up my 1st gen sub frame, are you looking to make money off making custom sub frame's???

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive got like 100hrs in the subframe alone. I only have weekend to work on bikes but if i can get a jig figured out and a quick way to make them ill let you guys know for sure. thanks for the interest!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will totally sell the vrod headlight, i have the ballasts for the headlights as well its an hid set up but you might need new bulbs. aside from that when it worked it was super bright. way brighter than my dual aztecs. whats it worth ?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Yeah, even at a really low hourly rate I can't pay for 100 hours of work - I'm sure you understand. It's just a badass subframe so of course I want one.

Didn't realize it was HID, does it have a projector installed or is it just an HID bulb/ballast in an otherwise stock headlight? Don't know what it's worth.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its just the headlight housing with the bulbs and two ballasts that were mounted in front of the airbox under the tank. I found some for sale online, new they go for like $200 for like a stock replacement. id sell it to ya for like 70 bucks, which would cover shipping as well

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I'll take it. PM me with your paypal :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Pete, will you sell the rear seat cowl? What year is it for, I have a 2007 blue SV1.

Sent using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
387 Posts
Love the exhaust.
Nice tail.
Don't like the headlights and screen.
Go get a Buell Set-up. Looks way better.
That's my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buell set up Would be awesome but they are hard to find and over priced. You find me a good deal on one and I'll buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ran both of the setups you're using on my bandit cafe homage, and the vrod is brighter and looks cooler than the dual lights. Sometimes simpler looks better.

I'm loving the subframe, very cool stuff.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I've got a Buell setup collecting dust :) don't have a spare flyscreen bracket etc or wiring, just the headlight itself, with a little scratch on one of the lenses.

I'll get pictures for you when I can.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive got the stock subframe and tail fairings for sale also have the stock tail light, all in good condition. pm me for details

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Had a custom 2:2 with crossover exhaust mandrel bent of stainless at RPM exhaust shop in Vista, CA. sounds like a GP bike :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts