Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was trying to rebuild sv1000 2003
I attached all the wiring to my good knowledge.
Here is the problem when i press the clutch, the starter motor kicks in.
Without pressuring the start button ( that button does nothing).
Bike does not start.
Checked throttle body it does not moves when turning on the key. They are pretty much new
Also I don’t know where is that connector stitting on battery belongs to.
Plus other two connectors by the throttle body.
D7D4B4D6-5D50-45FA-A70B-C1B0D606EC21.jpeg

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Somewhere online you can download a service manual with wire diagrams. Use the wire colors to identify the connector and what it belongs to.

That said, I believe the white three pin connector is the kickstand switch? and the green connector goes to the bottom of the airbox.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply
Yes the green connector is the one that goes under the airbox, i unplugged it to acces the bottom area
I thought the white three pin connector was the connector that attaches to the fuel tank ( i might be wrong)
Im confused , there are few connectors that jist stays there i dont have any place to put them in.
Like there is one connector that comes fuse area.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
The plug on the battery goes to the fuel pump relay.

If the starter motor cranks when pulling in the clutch but the starter button is NOT pressed then the starter button or starter button wire is shorted.

Follow the wiring diagram as GC said, or list the wire colors and folks here will be able to tell what connector is what.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I don’t have fuel pump relay
Is there any other possible location of it
Maybe previous owner removed it?
But why?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess i am missing the rectifier too
So i am missing two parts
Will that be the reason its acting weird?

what is the best place to buy these parts
Im in Vancouver bc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The plug on the battery goes to the fuel pump relay.

If the starter motor cranks when pulling in the clutch but the starter button is NOT pressed then the starter button or starter button wire is shorted.

Follow the wiring diagram as GC said, or list the wire colors and folks here will be able to tell what connector is what.
What do you think about the above messages?

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
Take it one step at a time. Buy a fuel pump relay and replacement regulator/rectifier, go from there.

Also, try put the bike in Dealer Mode to see if any FI codes are showing. The diagnostic codes on the SV bike are excellent and may help you find other obvious problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take it one step at a time. Buy a fuel pump relay and replacement regulator/rectifier, go from there.

Also, try put the bike in Dealer Mode to see if any FI codes are showing. The diagnostic codes on the SV bike are excellent and may help you find other obvious problems.
👍🏼

1 - 11 of 11 Posts