Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the rain is almost upon us here in California, and I noticed last time I briefly rode through the rain with my bike de-snorkled that there seemed to be a bit of moisture on the air filter. So I figured I would just go on down and get the SV1000 Snorkel and put it on to help keep the rain out of the airbox. Well I guess there is a difference between the 03-04 and 05 air intake tubes (snorkels) I was just curious which one would fit on my 03? They would have to special order it and if it didn't fit I can't get a refund. $30.00 is like an entire months gas budget for this student. :( Not to mention you have any idea how much top ramen noodles that sort of cash can buy! ;) Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
'03 sv1000 snorkel is a direct swap for the '03.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got mine for my k4 from Oneida last week. Took a loooong time. It was out of stock (not backordered). You could check oneida or ronayers sites for part #'s. Seems to be working OK. I don't seem to notice the sound difference others have. But it's had to hear air intake sound over the M4 at higher RPMs I imagine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tonyjuliano said:
'03 sv1000 snorkel is a direct swap for the '03.
Thanks for the info. ;D

StinkWhistle said:
I don't seem to notice the sound difference others have. But it's had to hear air intake sound over the M4 at higher RPMs I imagine.
Nice 8) the m4 is on my Christmas list

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't it funny the ways we students find to exist? I used to be a total stick and bones guy while I was first going through college because sometimes it was beer or groceries. I discovered rather quickly hey those Asian noodles are soooo cheap I can get booth food and groceries. LOL Then after college Got married, started a business and man I kept thinking how could I have lived that way. Now after numerous back injuries had to get out of my business and am now going back to college. Now however I have a wife so the extra money I do have is is going even less. Thankfully she has a job that pays the mortgage, and Gods been pretty good to us so I can go back to school (hoping for a grant or financial assistance as well next semester), but she's Asian and her mom owns a restaurant and has said anytime we want to we can come over for dinner and guess what me and my wife usually order???? Those dang noodles. LOL ::) Guess I acquired a taste for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts