Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if anyone has used a sv1000 shock on a 650. Are those shocks any better than the 650's?

J

·
0 Posts
I have the oppourtunity to buy an SV1000 shock today. The guy tells me it's better, but I'd like to hear it from SVrider.com. Are they easy to replace? It is a worthy upgrade, or should I hold out for a GSX-R spring? I'm paying $20 cash for it. I don't think I can go too wrong for $20.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The SV1000 shock is like the GSXR shock in that it has Compression/Rebound dampening and a piggy back resivour (sp?). The only thing I have hear is that the dampening sucks compared to the GSXR. So you are only stepping up half way to a GSXR shock with all the work. I would hold out spend the extra $20 and get an eBay GSXRshock for $40 and be happier.

J

·
0 Posts
canus said:
The SV1000 shock is like the GSXR shock in that it has Compression/Rebound dampening and a piggy back resivour (sp?).   The only thing I have hear is that the dampening sucks compared to the GSXR.  So you are only stepping up half way to a GSXR shock with all the work.  I would hold out spend the extra $20 and get an eBay GSXRshock for $40 and be happier.
You're definitly right about the piggy back resevoir. I just spent a few minutes cutting a hole in my battery box. You may also be right about it not being as great as the GSXR - which I'm sure it isn't. You don't hear threads with "SV1000 Rear Shock Swap" - it's rather rare actually. But, on the other hand - now that the hard work has been done. I will enjoy this shock for whatever it is worth - for however long. Then just undo about 3 bolts and throw in the new GSXR shock :)

Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts