Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a really stupid, and humiliating little mishap with my 2003 SV1000 and to make a long story short, broke the peg off of my shift lever. I immediately began searching the internet like a man possessed for a new one. I couldn't even find one on Ebay. They were out there for every bike except for the SV1000. I did a lot of searching old threads and a lot of guys asked the question, "what else will fit?" Nobody ever really gave a solid answer, at least that I could find. I didn't want to spend 75 dollars on a Suzuki part. No, I would not. I gambled and ordered a 23 dollar Ebay part listed for 2004 and up SV650. It arrived and the package said it also fits 99 and up Hayabusa. Either way, this shift lever was basically identical to mine. Took about 2 minutes to install, and has a folding peg, God forbid that should ever happen again. Just thought someone might like to know that this shifter will work on their SV1K.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can confrim this as well. 2004 and up SV650 stuff will fit, as will 99 busa parts. (I'm not positive the busa used the same shift peg all the way until current, so be careful there). Here's a link to the one I picked up on Amazon, should make a good reference is nothing else...

·
Registered
698 Posts
I had a really stupid, and humiliating little mishap with my 2003 SV1000 and to make a long story short, broke the peg off of my shift lever. I immediately began searching the internet like a man possessed for a new one. I couldn't even find one on Ebay. They were out there for every bike except for the SV1000. I did a lot of searching old threads and a lot of guys asked the question, "what else will fit?" Nobody ever really gave a solid answer, at least that I could find. I didn't want to spend 75 dollars on a Suzuki part. No, I would not. I gambled and ordered a 23 dollar Ebay part listed for 2004 and up SV650. It arrived and the package said it also fits 99 and up Hayabusa. Either way, this shift lever was basically identical to mine. Took about 2 minutes to install, and has a folding peg, God forbid that should ever happen again. Just thought someone might like to know that this shifter will work on their SV1K.
NICE! Thank you for this, I was wondering the exact same thing. I was also doing the mad-man internet search lik eyou described :)

I did not have a crash however... I was practicing some Lee Parks ARC exercises in a local parking lot this morning and apparently my shifter toe is the first thing to drag on the left side :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys- haven't been on here for a while. No problem though- I'm glad this helped somebody out. I didn't exactly have a crash either, more of a bad tip over. I also ended up putting a couple dings in my otherwise mint tank, which really pissed me off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts