Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Power Commander V on my 2007 Suzuki SV1000S. After the install I took the bike for a test drive. After about thirty minutes the bike lost engine power. All my other electronics (Dash, Lights, etc) remained on with no issues. When I attempted to restart the bike the starter just kept cranking, but the engine would not fire. I turned the ignition key off then back on and the bike started up with no issue. After riding another quarter mile, the bike shut off again in the same fashion. I then let the bike sit for 20-30 minutes, turned it off and on. The bike started up again, ran a bit longer, but then shut off again after about 20 minutes.

I checked all my connections and can’t see anything that is unplugged or not connected. The next logical step would be to remove the Power Commander and check if the issue persists, thought it wasn’t that easy to install so I was trying to see if there was any “ahh hah” type of fixes that I may not be thinking of.

Other note, I recently synced the throttle bodies, but I checked the vacuum lines that they look sealed up (I added small extensions for easy access), and put in new plugs. I did ride the bike after the new plugs with no issue.

Thank you for your help,
DJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mapped by Fuel Moto, they are a DynoJet dealer that mapped it based on my modified air box, and my slip-ons. But the bike it self wasn't dyno tuned. I checked it against the stock and slip-on specific maps on the DynoJet site and its pretty close with some small differences.

I didn't know about dealer mode. I will definitely give that a try, is this good tutorial on how to do it? How do I put my bike in "Dealer Mode".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts