Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

Im new to the site hope that somebody can help will my problem?

Here goes......

Went to go for a blast yesterday and thought better check everything was working ie: lights, and found the indicators/side(park)/number plate/rear led lights were not working (buy the way the bike was running fine no problems starting). Ps the main lights/brake lights worked, even the horn.

Checked the manual looked at the signal fuse fine, been looking through the wiring diagram which helped alittle.

Also when you put the key to park positon the indicators/side(park)/number plate/rear led lights work fine? So i know the bulbs are all good and there is continuity!!

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Check both legs of your stator. If I recall correctly one of them is just for lights. Worth a look.
Of course, when your bike is parked they run off the battery.

·
Super Moderator
8,604 Posts
Hi Jeffers81,

The description of your problem points directly to your ignition switch. The license plate light and the rear running light are powered straight from the ignition switch via two sets of internal contacts.

When the ignition switch is in the "ON" position, power connects through the first set of contacts. It looks like this set of contacts if faulty.

When the ignition switch is in the "Park" position, power comes through the second set which apparently is OK.

Most other power is supplied by at third set of ignition switch contacts which would explain why you bike still runs OK otherwise.

Try jiggling the key with the switch in the "ON" position and see if the lights flicker or come on. If they do, then you've found your problem.

By the way, how old is the bike? This failure happens more often on older machines.

Cheers!
-TeeRiver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts