Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my dad's bike rather than mine, but I figured I'd post up a few pictures. I've done a fair amount of the work on it anyway...

Sadly, don't have any pics around from when he got it. Was seriously ugly, had two blue rectangular headlights on a ******* heavy steel bracket, hacked up stock exhaust with underbelly muffler, otherwise stock.

Current mods: 07 GSXR750 forks/triples/axle, R6 calipers, full M4 exhaust, Scotts damper, SVRP 3.5" riser clipons, Buell headlight/flyscreen, PC3, pod filters. I'm sure there's some **** I'm forgetting too.

Today I made some brackets for the flyscreen, it's difficult to get it mounted how I want because the gauges aren't exactly small. Also did something less horrendous for the brake reservoir mount. FYI, I'm working with my left wrist in a cast, always slows things down.

How it started today


And now done for the day



Next on the list of mods is fitting a Monster seat. I got it off CL for a song, just need to make a subframe to hold it. The seat:


Discussion goes here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·


thoughts? it'll fit a little closer to the tank, this is just a quick mockup and it's hard to squeeze it to the tank for a mockup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·


seems reasonably hidden
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
finally got the structural part of the subframe cut and welded.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·



got the welding on the subframe finished, and painted it. Mounted the taillight, the plate will be right under it I just need to make a bracket.

Still need to make the undertail, I have the aluminum but no good way of cutting it accurately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finally got around to doing more work on it. the bike started right up when i plugged a battery in (Shorai, 14AhEq in the tiny "2" case).

I cut the undertail and attached it. Plate should mount pretty easily. Got rid of the charcoal can too.

still need to sort out wiring. probably going to trim the back corners of the undertail a little too. also need to decide how to mount the battery - I'd prefer not drilling more holes in the undertail but that may be the only option.



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it rideable, hacked up the exhaust a little to get it where I wanted it, and rode it some.

 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top