Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to get a dual exhaust setup, would it be possible to take the system from an sv1000?? Its probably no, but just thought I'd ask?  ::) If not, why couldn't you??

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think the problem might lie in the lengh of the motor, and maybe how the pipe is ran by the swingarm, It might be tight on the 650 if it did bolt up, I think the swingarms are way different on the 1000. Just a thought! :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i don't know what the big deal with dual pipes is. the only thing they do is add wieght to an already heavy bike. they won't make you faster or get you layed so there is no point :p

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
B.a. said:
i don't know what the big deal with dual pipes is.  the only thing they do is add wieght to an already heavy bike.  they won't make you faster or get you layed so there is no point  :p
well...they look cool. also, I would think they reduce back pressure, which, with the right mods, should theoretically help increase horsepower. they must do something, or else why would suzuki put them on the 1000 at all?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
i dunno i think any performance gains would be cancelled out by the weight. i do agree they do look good on the sv1k (every kit i've seen for the 650 looks lame imo) plus when i was looking for pipes for my old xj750 all the performance minded pipes were 4into1 when it came stock with 4into2. any way its just my opinion that the purpose of dual pipes is bling and noise.

·
OberKommandant
6,133 Posts
For what it's worth, I have a 1000 and my plans are to switch out the stock duals for a 2-into-1. Mostly for weight reasons but I also like the way the single pipe looks. Most of the after market kits for the 1000 are either 2-into-1 full systems or bolt on cans only. This leave you with the stock mounting positions so if you want high mount duals you are screwed. Anyway, none of this has anything to do with your question so I'll shut up.

The 1000 exhaust will not fit the 650. Different routing and, I believe, different size headers.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
gahdzila said:
nah, there are other aftermarket dual setups for the 650...ixill comes to mind.
and gpr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts