Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, anyone out there know the stock lift and duration of the 03-04, and 05-06 canshafts? I do not know if they are different or not. Anyone know any of the stock lobe center numbers also? Just curious before my 06 motor gets torn down.

Cheers
-MS

G

·
Those numbers are more indicitive of being measured @ .040 or .050 lift .

They math out at 118 lobe center separation angle for intake and exhaust .

Here are what I believe to be the correct specs for 2003-04 :

9.55mm lift intake
8.71mm lift exhaust

Duration @.040

Int 234
Ex 229

113 intake lobe center angle
106 exhaust lobe center angle

109 Lobe separation angle

2mm larger intake valves and mild blending of the new port entry with the intake cams reset to 106-108 would help overall performance alot .................... ;)

The 05 -06 has different exhaust cam phasing or even possibly a different set of lobe parameters or both .

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent info to have. I have torn my 06 down and wanted to know the differences between 03-04 and 05-06 cams. I have my stock cams spec'd out and I will try to post numbers soon. They do differ in lobe center numbers. My new cams are here all. For those people reading they might want to know that 05-06 cams do not have the pick up pin in the cam, because there is no cam position sensor on the later machines.

I should have my +2mm over high compresson pistons, cams, big valve ported heads, along with a few other goodies on my race machine soon. Should be a real rager!

-MS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.