Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,137 Posts
I didn't realize they went to a 5-spoke wheel on the Gladius.

Those would look nice on a SV. What is the verdict on the difficulty of doing a swap (if you can find a set)?

They are the only thing I like about the Gladius...

· Registered
9,975 Posts
Also, it does mount up to 2nd gen but you need gladius brake bracket because gladdy has 240mm rear rotor vs 220mm of the SV.

^ that is 09 ABS Sv bracket machined by Zoran for the GSXR kit. ABS model SV also has 240mm rotor. With this I can use GSXR and Gladdy wheel.

· Registered
4 Posts
If it bolts up then mind sharing what you did? Because following this thread and a few others i have come to a conclusion that people are giving false facts, heresays and bs info.

So far the front speed sensor no longer works off the k3+as the front wheel on the gladius has no casting in the wheel for the sensor, sfv650 had the sensor on the transmission. Need to run a hall effect sensor and from what understand 8 magnets which ile attach to the small disc on the left side of the hub.

The gladius sfv650 also came with a 520 chain and speocket, rear being a 46t. Depends on if you want to swap the whole assembly including the kush drive then you will need new front sprocket and chain. As long as you bought the sfv650 rear caliper bracket then the whole wheel swaps over.

Now the issue is that the sv650 pads won't work. Further looking at photos of the pads and the part numbers of the calipers theres definetly a difference. Next issue to resolve.

Sfv650 wheels are not direct bolt on with a just a rear caliper bracket. You need to figure out another speed sensor, rear caliper/pad, front sprocket and chain. I will post the diy once im done so people can actually refer to correct information.

· Registered
9,975 Posts
If it bolts up then mind sharing what you did?
I put SFV wheel on bike with 09 SV ABS rear caliper bracket. I have also used the SFV rear bracket on another bike. Done, it's just like putting your normal SV wheel on... What more do you need? :)

Sfv650 wheels are not direct bolt on with a just a rear caliper bracket. You need to figure out another speed sensor, rear caliper/pad, front sprocket and chain. I will post the diy once im done so people can actually refer to correct information.
I gave correct information...

You are over complicating it by adding in the sprocket/chain bullsh1t. 520 does not matter since the SV 525 chain will work on 520 sprocket. Many have 520 chains anyway. Front wheel is different story but I don't care about that. I only cared about rear wheel for width over the stock wheel. Anyone that does front GSXR swap has to deal with speedo sensor as well.

Simple question, does it bolt on? Yes, if you have SFV or SV ABS rear caliper bracket.

· Registered
4 Posts
I put SFV wheel on bike with 09 SV ABS rear caliper bracket. I have also used the SFV rear bracket on another bike. Done, it's just like putting your normal SV wheel on... What more do you need? :)

I gave correct information...

You are over complicating it by adding in the sprocket/chain bullsh1t. 520 does not matter since the SV 525 chain will work on 520 sprocket. Many have 520 chains anyway. Front wheel is different story but I don't care about that. I only cared about rear wheel for width over the stock wheel. Anyone that does front GSXR swap has to deal with speedo sensor as well.

Simple question, does it bolt on? Yes, if you have SFV or SV ABS rear caliper bracket.
Im not arguing with you over the chain issue, i ran everything 520 because i had to replace anyway chain and sprocket anyway, dont see a reason to run missmatched. The rear wheel does bolt on with an SFV bracket, but now the caliper or pads dont fit, so not exactly a bolt on fit if you ask me. And the reason why i posted in the first place is because the OP asked initially if both wheels fit as he was interested in the wheels as more of a cosmetic apeal. On a site like this one would hope that everyone here tries to help each other out and provide as much info as possible so the community can thrive, thus my continuation of this thread.

So you are saying either a machined SV650ABS bracket, or in this case i can second that the SFV bracket makes the wheel fit. With the exception of the rear pads and or caliper. I ran the numbers on the caliper and they are not the same, i will run SFV pads in the rear first to see if that will fix the fitment issue. the K3, SFV, and the SVABS all have different part # for the rear caliper.

The front wheel bolts up with the sfv spacers i was lucky to get with the wheels, with the exception of the sv650 wheel speed sensor which is now a paper weight.

To reiterate, SFV650 wheels are not a direct "bolt on" for all second gen sv650.

Anyone else have input?

· Registered
2 Posts
Reviving an old thread
I’ve had a 2004 SV650 since 2007 and the ill fitting rear tyre has always bugged me on 4.5 inch rim
After seeing this I picked up a Gladius rear wheel with disk, sprocket carrier rear caliper bracket and rear caliper and did a test fit today

Confirmed that all spacers are the same
Sprocket carrier is the same so you don’t need the gladius sprocket carrier and can use your standard SV sprocket

as Mentioned by others you will need either a gen 2 ABS bracket in which case you can use your existing caliper and pads
Or gladius caliper bracket and you will need new gladius brake pads.
It looks like the gladius and gen2 rear calipers are interchangeable but you need to match the pads to the bracket
No machining of the carrier required

Im going to paint the Rim silver to match before doing the full changeover but looking forward to a well fitting 160 tyre
Cheers

· Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,770 Posts
Nice pickup SVD. Zombie threads can be useful. I did not realize Gladys/3Gs had 5" rear wheels. A perfect easy modification (excuse me, mod in lazy parlance) for 1G/2G owners.

· Registered
163 Posts
Why?...

...why do we do anythign lol..
To be different. to be unique,.. to go slower... ;-)

Didn't say I was gunna do it,.. just more possible things that can be done to consider...

I just like building unique cool fun stuff... :cool:

· very big dumb
10,632 Posts
To be different. to be unique,.. to go slower... ;-)
I just like building unique cool fun stuff... :cool:
thats a fine reason. there's a large enough population in here that goes "performance only" (obviously im one of them) and shudders at the thought of adding unsprung rotating mass

21 - 37 of 37 Posts