Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It might have been asked before.
Does the Gladius wheels fit a 2nd Gen. I really like the 5 spoke design. I would think that the spacing would be the same but....
I understand that anything can be done with a little time and money.

· Registered
6,547 Posts
Been asked and never answered ... one of the reasons I started this thread

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=131960
I measured it once when Gladius first came out but just with tape measure, nothing really high precision. It looks like it should bolt right on.
Unfortunately I can't get my hands on one (want to buy crashed one) or we would know all parts that are interchangeable :)

· Banned
3,885 Posts
The SV650 and the Gladius share:

Left Side Spacer
Sprocket Carrier Inner Spacer
Right Side Spacer

Gladius Rear Caliper bracket is 1.5mm wider, otherwise identical to SV650

I have been looking to a Gladius owner in Arizona, that would allow me to measure the rear wheel and would like to test fit my GSXR Rear Wheel Kit...

Luis

· Registered
204 Posts
I too want a 5 spoke rear. Kinda sucks for me though because I would have to strip it polish and paint it.

Is there any weight difference between the sv 3 spoke and the gladius wheels? The SV wheels feel like their made of lead.

· Banned
3,885 Posts
I too want a 5 spoke rear. Kinda sucks for me though because I would have to strip it polish and paint it.

Is there any weight difference between the sv 3 spoke and the gladius wheels? The SV wheels feel like their made of lead.

Should try a Honda F3 rear wheel... They are heavier...

Is the Honda F3 5 or 6 spokes? Does it kind of match the Gladius front????

Luis

· Registered
382 Posts
Apologies, I'll get to measuring it this weekend.

What is the best way to get an accurate measurement? I have a measuring tape in inches but that does not seem to be too accurate. I'll pick up a metric measurement tape and hopefully measuring to the nearest mm would be sufficient.

As for the weight, I'll put it on the scale this weekend and get you the weight on that also.

· Registered
382 Posts
Ok, here are the numbers on the Gladius front wheel. They are in inches as I could not find a metric measuring tape.

Weight - 16 lbs. (without the tire)

Diameter of rotor - 11 3/8 inches
thickness of rotor - 1/8 inch
distance between rotors - 5 1/8 inches (measured from the outside of each rotor), 4 7/8 inches (measured from the inside of each rotor).

distrance from outside of one bearing to the other - 5 1/8 inches
Axle Diameter - 3/4 inch (rough measurement)

Let me know if you need any more details or if I measured the wrong thing.

· Registered
6,547 Posts
I think that is same as 2nd gen, don't have wheel to check but I checked 1st gen wheel and all is same exept bearing to bearing. 2nd gen is wider there.
Axle on both gen sv is 17mm. 3/4 is 19mm so I am not sure if you just did not get accurate enough.

· Registered
253 Posts
does ANYbody out there make an aftermarket set of wheels for the SV?
(if not, why not?)

· Banned
3,885 Posts
The SV650 is not as popular as the holy grail super sports...

How many people is going to spend $2,000.00 for wheels on a $6,000.00 motorcycle?

I did, But I bought them used for less and they were not a direct mount, these were custom machined to fit... :)

I am having a hard time justifing a $800.00 billet master cylinder... But I close my eyes and pull the trigger... ;D

Luis

1 - 20 of 37 Posts