Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is wondering why I still continue to post here...I offer this evidence for your entertainment/disgust/responses.

EXHIBIT A

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39914

EXHIBIT B

http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39829

This is only a small sampling of the posts which are so mindboggling to me. And these people aren't smacked down as idiots by their peers on this site...many are encouraged.

To make matters worse, many posters actually use wannabe ghetto punk terminology(like "This shizzit is sweet" and the eternal "word" or "hollah") and aren't joking....they really think it's cool! AHhh.... :-X

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
you have to register to see pics.

but my brain hurts just reading that. i'm heading to vegas tomorrow morning - maybe i can look that guy up...

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I think this board is too conservative... though I think that board is a little too liberal ;D

There has to be some sort of in-between... ???

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I dwelled over there while I was contemplating getting a 636. But things get repeatitive there too, and things just dry out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have friends who ride gixxers and ninjas, and they frequent forums for those bikes. I'm always amazed how many people post about friends getting killed compared to this forum. I'm convinced that V-twins are what the smart people ride.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XLR8 said:
I have friends who ride gixxers and ninjas, and they frequent forums for those bikes.  I'm always amazed how many people post about friends getting killed compared to this forum.  I'm convinced that V-twins are what the smart people ride. 
I suppose a less "poseur" bike attracts a less poseur crowd.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
I suppose a less "poseur" bike attracts a less poseur crowd.
Generally yes, its one of the big kicks for enjoying my SV. Relatively it's non-poserific. Doesn't mean I dont want a 636 though...dang...I'm a poser 8)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Word dawgz - JK :p

SVRiders seem so intelligent now, don't we? :D

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
evilbologna said:
Generally yes, its one of the big kicks for enjoying my SV. Relatively it's non-poserific. Doesn't mean I dont want a 636 though...dang...I'm a poser 8)
Yeah, but b/c you have put in a considerable amount of time riding the SV riding a more powerful bike should be more natural.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i don't really mind that there are those riders out there. I may not necessarily want to ride with them, but I don't want to belittle them either.

They ride differently than most here do. That is why they are there and not here. Personally I would welcome some of them around. Would it hurt that much to have some diversity? It is just an internet forum and it likely wouldn't be much worse than some of the drivel that can go on here.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TotalBlackout said:
i don't really mind that there are those riders out there.  I may not necessarily want to ride with them, but I don't want to belittle them either.

They ride differently than most here do.  That is why they are there and not here.  Personally I would welcome some of them around.  Would it hurt that much to have some diversity?  It is just an internet forum and it likely wouldn't be much worse than some of the drivel that can go on here.
Thanks for the comedy!  I needed a laugh...

Oh wait....you were being serious weren't you?

Well, on second thought, you really do have a point.  I wouldn't want to belittle riders who ride "183 mph" on public roads and run from the police or use nepotism to get out of tickets.  Similarly, I would not want to offend or in any way disrespect the diversity of riders who drink alcohol and then ride like a maniac.  You're right, that's being really close-minded!!  [That is what close-minded means right...making any kind of judgment call based on evidence or factual data].due to your thoroughly "open-minded" mindset I have learned to embrace diversity in all it's forms, and respect people even though they'll give a bad name to a sport I love at best, and kill someone I love at worst.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm sorry....but these guys sound like liars to me. From what I've seen at typical forums, posts like these aren't too uncommon.

This is what happens when high school students who ride don't get enough love from their classmates at school. They come to the forums to seek stardom from guys who who are just anxious to be "cool". I for one, think these guys are idiots, who encourage stupidity due to a lack of intimacy at their relative forum.

I'm with Ben on this one...We can do without these kind of guys. Its one of the reasons I like this place so much.

What I don't get, is why people hate stunters so much here. I myself would never gamble with my 6k dollar toy to even attempt a wheelie or a stoppie. But I still think some of it is cool to watch....and I still have respect for these guys who have done it for years, and can do it safely.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hehehe, Ben I was going to say the same thing. So that's what "diversity" means these days? Everybody has a priviledged place, even the foolish dangerous and irresponsible. Who are we to judge them!? ::)

Man people are so full of politically correct bullshit that they can't even see when something is truly wrong right in front of them. Or maybe its a lack of backbone to call out someone who is a jackass. Doesn't seem like people have a hard time doing that to each other on this forum!

Oh and Slappermouth this should sum up your statement right here ;)

Careful its not PC!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
haha still trying to impress the ladies and other wrecklass bastards by topping out their bike and wheeliing in inappropriate locations, like idk, busy gas stations.... ben dont give in!! or atleast wait til i get my liter bike mmkay? :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts