Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd put this out there. I just traded my 03 with racetech emulators, drop in dampers, sprung for my weight, and an 06 zx10-r shock all semi-professionally butt tuned for a stock 07 gsxr 750. My wife wanted to sleep instead of helping me setup my new suspension:mad: So I went on a ride without tuning it and Holy Crap! I was all over the place. The rear end was bouncing over small bumps in the road and the front felt squishy. Huge difference from my beloved SV.

Luckily, yesterday afternoon I had her help me with the sag, and that was pretty much the problem. My front was at 35mm and the rear was at 25. I adjusted them both to 30, hit the road and what a difference.

Just shows how important setting up suspension is. Just throught I'd share.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
How does it compare to the Svs' stock suspension?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After setting the proper sag and using sportrider.com as a guide for the other settings, it's a pretty sweet riding bike. I still have to fine tune it and I will probably take it to a shop or hopefully a trackday someday to get it dialed in.

The stock SV suspension bottomed out all the time and I couldn't get the proper sag without new springs at least. The suspension just felt sloppy. But that's in comparison to the way I had it after the new parts and in comparison to the gsxr. Compared to my old 78 yamaha xs11 special, the stock sv suspension was much better.

Hope that answers your question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts