Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SV inspired fighter

Hello to all of you just to tell you that I think in a very short time, I will begin the transformation of my SVS K4 one last picture before the carnage that will probably not to the taste of everyone but as long as it pleases me that there is here important to me:

[*] Parts for the beginning of the change:

✓ yoke / triple clamp from Svn
✓ brake hose from svn
✓ a clutch cable from svn
✓ throttle cables from svn
✓ belly pan
turn signal
mirrors
✓ handlebar (street or drag bar)
tachometer ( I would like to keep the original preference )
headlight
✓ Exhaust (probably danmoto)

[*] Total price changes: 50 EUR including transport(for the moment)
I think I get 400 Euros for the final and probably more because I intend to change pot (i see for the complete line) may me a danmoto

Pictures of my pieces received

[*] Photomontage of my project :

I am here in order to get advice and opinions on my preparation, sorry for my English! Please in your answers don't use too complicated vocabulary so that I can use translator ;)

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Looks cool - keep in mind the yokes or triple clamps are different from S to N. If you replace the top you will need to do the bottom as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some other pics of the pieces that i want :

3 pictures of the headlight :

2 pictures of the mirros :

1 picture of the handlebar :

2 pictures of the exhaust :

If you have some pictures or ideas to give me so I can put my original meter and aesthetically beautiful it is.

I see there are a lot of views but no comments, do not hesitate to comment it can only make me move.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Thats an s triple that has been drilled. The difference between the two is the offset i thought? And i also thought the s and n throttle cables are different. The n cables wont work with the s housing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
Matt is correct. N throttle cables will not work in the S housing. You can reroute your S throttle cables to come out of the frame on the other side of the steering head for a few more inches of length. In the long run it will be better to order new longer cables. Check out motionpro.com. They sell a set of extended S cables for ~40$.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I couldn't find a N, so i buy an S that has been drilled.

There's no offset :

This is from an SVS :

And this is from an SV N :

As you can see, the difference is that i can't put the tachometer

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you sur for the N throttle cables will not work in the S housing ?

Because on the french forum of the SV every body said me that the N throttle cables work

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
The offset between the s triples and n is different. Meaning the s top triple will not work with n bottoms. But it doesnt matter because you got an s top triple to match your current s.

By offset i mean the distance between the horizontal centerline of the fork tubes and steering head. I think thats right..im sure tom or acouplesvs can correct me if im wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
N throttle housing is integrated into the right side switch box and the cables come out of the bottom and have threaded inserts to hold them in place. S throttle housing is independent of the switch box and the housing holds the curved cable ends inside.

N cable housing/switch box underside:

S type throttle housing:

Here is an example of rerouted S cables:

From the looks of it, the cables you have in your "received parts" pic, appear to be S type cables. You might want to compare lengths with your stock S cables. If they are longer then you are set to go. If not, then you need new cables or need to reroute like in the pic above.

for 4" extended S type cables from motionpro:
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/special_fitment_info/158916/

That is the description. Here is the link to add the part to your cart. Price is 45$:
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/04-0331/

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
hey now, i think i can speak for the rest of us that were just trying to point you in the right direction. were giving you input based on experience and research. im in the process of doing a handlebar swap on my s and tom(c10) has been nothing but good help since i had no idea where i was going with it.

i would think getting the motionpro cables would be an easier solution, unless the controls and cables from an n are easier for you to obtain. i ordered the same set c10 posted and its going to be a direct swap.

as far as everything else, i think itll look really cool if it becomes something of your rendering. can you explain more about the headlight thats on there?

:eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I have all the cables that i need to do the modification, however I just lack the N switch box that I booked for 18 euros (23.5 USD)

I hope this will be a successful and made ​​it will inspire you and why not other ;)

For the headlight : http://showyomoto.com/website/index...fr&PHPSESSID=4dc75d75ee7f33ea6ab70761cdbfd2ad

finding it too expensive for what it is I take a copy but it is exactly the same

However, I must set an optical headlight below this :

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks cool - keep in mind the yokes or triple clamps are different from S to N. If you replace the top you will need to do the bottom as well.
I changed my N to clip ons, and I originally wanted to use stock parts.

I bought a used S yoke/triple setup, and one of the bolts on the lower triple was crossthreaded. :(

I used the stock N lower triple, and yoke, with a stock S upper triple, and everything fit without any issues.
If there is a difference, I couldnt tell. No use of a hammer, or grinder either. :naughty:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts