Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
03' 04' sv 650
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I bought my sv in may 22 since a couple of mounths it shuts off when letting of the throttle, i changed the plugs hoping for it to stop but it didnt. Sometimes its hard to restart even when warm.
Idk what the problem is
Bike is from 04

· Registered
117 Posts
I had that problem with my 03 briefly a long time ago. I believe the Throttle Bodies were out of sync. So I synchronized them! One of the easiest jobs. It also requires you do the "major" adjustment on throttle stop plate/idle assembly.

· Registered
03' 04' sv 650
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Clutchswitch is untouched, i thought its running on one too, but both pipes get burning hot, when i changed the plugs one was full with oil maybe the engine is going bad.
I will start to switch parts from my other sv maybe its an electrical issue, checked for codes and the tps

· Registered
2000 SV650 N
1,770 Posts
Yes, G2 is FI.

Gee tab, riding like that in the snow, in Crocs, and no helmet takes balls.

· Registered
03' 04' sv 650
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay
I tried to synch them up, but they seem fine so i changed a pair of throttle bodys over from my other sv but the problem didnt go away, maybe its engine damage no rings left since both pipes get hot, spark plugs changed again, redid the boots but both cylinders have spark, it sounds like its running only one.
next thing i try is change the ecu maybe the harness, the coils but im not sure how far i should take the bike, to the dealer maybe?

· Registered
5,796 Posts
Could be clogged fuel filter. Mine acted like that. Filter was clogged so badly that it would run but barely. Only the initial cylinder would fire consistently at idle. It got a little better into the revs but only to a point.

· Registered
03' 04' sv 650
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Id checked out the fuelpump and filter all clean maybe the regulator or the pump itself is toast, ecu is of the list next is coils and fuelpump

· Registered
03' 04' sv 650
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im gonna tear the bike down for now and rebuild it since i cant find the problem, i sprayed every connection with contact cleaner, checked the sidestand switch and diode, clutch switch, coils, tipover sensor, fuel flow, maybe there is a break in the harness somewhere

· Registered
03' 04' sv 650
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok now i change the coils again and the engine, im kinda lost whats the problem could it be the loom? Checked the tps again and tried to sync them..all good :(
I will try another fuelpump but maybe after that i rip it apart and be done with the bike

1 - 20 of 28 Posts