1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
The first 2 prolly won't be bright but they will offer better visibility than flush mounts alone. The chromeglow ones I haven't ever seen on a sport bike. They look like custom cruiser type mirrors but again will offer better visibility than flush mounts alone. I know Bikemaster sells some nice signal mirrors called Candydrop. I have GSXR mirrors from a 2010 model with signals. They require work to mount. I will be redoing mine over winter for better stability.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The second one i just tried to install. The guy i bought them off replaced one of the mirrors but it has blurred reflections. Getting money back and gonna order online. Anyway, They are pretty easy to install. Instead of drilling through the fairings to run the line, i just went around the fairings. Wiring is straight forward.

As for brightness, they are bright enough. Between those and your flush mounts, folks still wont see you though. You could have an iron man fog light on your chest and some hulking SUV will still try to crush you into a guard rail.

None the less...invest in them. Might help but doesn't hurt

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I'm definitely interested. I put flush mounts on mine and they are a joke. Between them and the integrated headlight turn signal there is no hope when people view the front of the bike.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had wanted to utilize stock GSXR mirrors that have the signals on them, I think it was like 06 or so that had em.. IDK it was right around when I first got my SV and wanted to do everything possible to it. Now I just ride it.. My intergrated tail light leaves a lot to be desired, but I just ride like ppl cant see me anyway..

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also have the second ones on mine. They aren't bad. During the day they aren't fantastic but anything beats those flushmounts. Kinda had to modify them by using the base from the OEM mirrors, and slightly grinding down the stalk on the aftermarket mirrors to make them fit properly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know Bikemaster sells some nice signal mirrors called Candydrop. I have GSXR mirrors from a 2010 model with signals. They require work to mount.
The GSXR mirrors are definitely nice, but after looking at BikeMaster's Candy Drop mirrors, it's a tough call. Currently, I got my 2000 SV650 a week ago, and am planning on turning it into project bike, including installing a full faring (NOT the SV650S faring, as I want the bike to look "different"). Besides, I already want a second SV (2nd Gen, this time around), being either an SV650 (preferably 07-12 ABS model) or SV1000/S (just not sure which...yet). If it were to be the SV1000S, I don't want a full-faring version (can't have them "competing" against each other), as it's the current bike that's to be the "all-out" sport bike. For the current bike's headlights, I'm leaning toward something similar in appearance to the 04 & up R1, but, in regards to the turn signals, I'd prefer mirror-integrated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have flushmounts and feel that they for sure do not ad enough visibility. I lowside crashed and it rashed the hell out of my right mirror and I need to replace it and figure I should go to a set of these to increase visibility. I have bought ebay mirrors before for my car and they had a weird mirror that magnified everything. Can anyone say if the lenses are weird or if they jigggle/vibrate loose compared to the stock ones. I also had that issue that they would wiggle and fall down a bit (ones I got for my 350Z)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Kind of an older thread but if anyone is still looking, I have installed the 2nd on my 07 SV2 and the install was pretty easy. I drilled a small hole behind the mount to feed the wire and the connections were simple.

As for visibility I felt much more comfortable that drivers could see my turn signals from the front in daylight and certainly more so at night. However, due to the shape you lose a lot of surface area in the view compared to the stock lights. Also the mirrors continuously came lose to the point where they would fold up at speed or when I put the cover on at night. You have to overtighten them to get them to stay but they work themselves loose every other ride and need to be re-tightened.

Overall, I am not happy with these and I just put the stock mirrors back on until I find a suitable replacement. Having my mirrors fold up on the highway isnt worth the integrated feature.

·
Registered
71 Posts
...Also the mirrors continuously came lose to the point where they would fold up at speed or when I put the cover on at night. You have to overtighten them to get them to stay but they work themselves loose every other ride and need to be re-tightened...Having my mirrors fold up on the highway isnt worth the integrated feature.
There's a simple solution: Loctite

1 - 12 of 12 Posts