Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking up bike rallies and finding nothing for SV Riders, especially near the Memphis, TN area.
Cyclefish is a cool site, but all I see is typical Biker (HD) Rallies where I usually feel like an outcast on my SV.
I ride whenever I can, but would like to get together with other SVers to ride, fellowship and party (after riding) with.

·
very big dumb
9,066 Posts
we used to have a dragon meet with a bunch of people showing up every year. but last year it was canceled because of rona and there are no plans for this year yet....

·
Registered
361 Posts
I attended the Dragon rally in '08 and it was a blast. Unfortunately, life got in the way of further attendance. It would be great to meet up with other SVers and rally once again. My only issue would be timing. I get it- summer weekends are the easiest to get off work/school/etc. The problem is, summer weekends are the easiest to get off work/school/etc, and every moto-squid douche-waffle and Subaru Dacar-wannabe phuc-nut are out in force. Not only do they increase the danger ten fold, particularly on the Dragon, they're a total buzz kill, amping up police presence and sensitivity. The best time to do this, weather and traffic wise, would be a Tues-Thurs: either late April thru May, or late August thru September. My choice would likely be early September for the best odds. Of course, this is from a Chicago perspective. Obviously, someone local will have a better grasp of annual conditions.

At the end of the day its a lot of freak'n work (often thankless) to pull off an outing for conceivably a few dozen or more riders. Finding someone dedicated (slightly brain-damaged) to take this on is a challenge in itself. Better, a small committee of like-minded folks who could work together towards a common goal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts