Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if there are any SV peoples in or around the OKC area. I've seen a couple of SV's over on Tinker, think they belong to some aircrew guys, but I'm always to busy to go and find out. If your out there, hit me up..cuz us SV riders need to stick together lol.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I've seen a few people list OKC as their home. In fact Sonic Springs owner lives in MWC, if you didn't already know that.

I'm in Davis. (Turner Falls area)

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey, if you guys want to ride in Lawton, Cache, Wichita Mtns....let me know.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I'd love to, but the wind has been more than I can stand. Hopefully it won't be back for long.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not in the OKC area right now, but there is a possibility I might end up back there this Jan. Who knows? I will stay subscribed to this thread and see what's out there...

Happy Riding...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd love to, but the wind has been more than I can stand. Hopefully it won't be back for long.

I hear ya...yesterday wasn't so bad up here, but today....its just retarted. I literally just lean at a 45 degree angle all the time lol

Hey, if you guys want to ride in Lawton, Cache, Wichita Mtns....let me know.

Def man, a couple of buddies and I were thinking of going to Mt. Scott in the near future. I'll PM or something when I know. I hear theres a burger place near Mt. Scott thats a definite place to eat at.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I hear ya...yesterday wasn't so bad up here, but today....its just retarted. I literally just lean at a 45 degree angle all the time lol
Today is insane! I think the 45 degree angle thing is a talent all Okies must possess if you intend to ride here.

Def man, a couple of buddies and I were thinking of going to Mt. Scott in the near future. I'll PM or something when I know. I hear theres a burger place near Mt. Scott thats a definite place to eat at.
That's a little place called Meyers, at a spot in the road called surprisingly......Meyers. It's a definite must.

Post up something when you guys plan to be out that way and we'll try to join you.

If you are ever down in the Turner Falls area, let me know also. That's where I live and I can show you some nice roads here.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Today is insane! I think the 45 degree angle thing is a talent all Okies must possess if you intend to ride here.

That's a little place called Meyers, at a spot in the road called surprisingly......Meyers. It's a definite must.

Post up something when you guys plan to be out that way and we'll try to join you.

If you are ever down in the Turner Falls area, let me know also. That's where I live and I can show you some nice roads here.
Actually, it's Mears. ;) Great burgers.

To the OP, I'm on the east side of MWC, near Reno and Anderson.
Probably have a MotoGP party at the house at some point this spring.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Actually, it's Mears. ;) Great burgers.

Probably have a MotoGP party at the house at some point this spring.
Hey, I never claimed to be able to spell. :(

I want crawfish, please. ;D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Probably have a MotoGP party at the house at some point this spring.[/QUOTE]

Yeah let me know man, I'd be down for it. I work over at Tinker so I know the area, I live down in Moore.

If you are ever down in the Turner Falls area, let me know also. That's where I live and I can show you some nice roads here.[/QUOTE]

Will do sir!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
OK....since we're spelling....it's MEERS.

The restaurant is only so-so....No disrespect to Mr. Brown intendend. It's actually quite filthy but the burgers are huge, and decent, but the rest of the fare, is, well, only fair.

If you do plan on eating plan to spend a while....usually very crowded on any pretty spring day.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
OK....since we're spelling....it's MEERS.

The restaurant is only so-so....No disrespect to Mr. Brown intendend. It's actually quite filthy but the burgers are huge, and decent, but the rest of the fare, is, well, only fair.

If you do plan on eating plan to spend a while....usually very crowded on any pretty spring day.
DOH!!! Can't believe I screwed that up. :)

And yeah, the foods not bad, but not all that great either.

Best burger in Oklahoma is at a little tiny place called Nic's. North Penn and 11th?? Maybe 8-9 stools, 3 very small tables that seat 2 each. Open 7am - 1:30pm, Mon-Friday. Incredible cheeseburger.
Here's Ashley's review on Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nics-grill-oklahoma-city

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How goes riding in Oklahoma? Have they paved "A" road yet? I'm currently deployed so I have no clue on whats going on in that incredibly weird and flat state!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
The new stimulus money is being used to pave I40. I think they'll get at least a mile done before the money runs out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts