Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So.. there are not that many threads on SV rides out here in the bay, only a check in... Would anyone be interested in throwing together a ride on 9, around berryessa, or down 1?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Lead the way... Hope this actually happens

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle - I can't believe my iPhone can use a Motorcycle

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to toss something together once my front tire is replaced.. that being said, anyone know a nice shop around vallejo/concord that does cheap and good tire services?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
not sure where the rest of you are, but im north bay, sonoma county.
id be interested.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would love to toss something together once my front tire is replaced.. that being said, anyone know a nice shop around vallejo/concord that does cheap and good tire services?
Try Ride-On in Vallejo. That's where I got my bike from and the guy seemed cool.

I just did a ride from Saratoga up 9 to 35 and ate lunch at Alice's. It was a great ride. If you guys throw something together I might be able to make it. I basically do 2 weeks in Ca and then a week home so if it falls on my weeknd in Cali then I would be in. I am still a noob but I ride at my own pace so I could catch up later if I was too slow.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Definitely game. I'm over in Berkeley, and know of 2 other friends / Cal students that also ride SV's. I also know of 1 more in the south bay, but he's doing repairs from a lowside at the moment..

Free almost every weekend, and subscribed for more details :)
10/13, 10/14, 10/20, 10/21, 10/27, 10/28 are all options this month - Halloween ride possibility?

Edit: posted in the bay area check-in thread as well

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely game. I'm over in Berkeley, and know of 2 other friends / Cal students that also ride SV's. I also know of 1 more in the south bay, but he's doing repairs from a lowside at the moment..

Free almost every weekend, and subscribed for more details :)
10/13, 10/14, 10/20, 10/21, 10/27, 10/28 are all options this month - Halloween ride possibility?

Edit: posted in the bay area check-in thread as well
All of those dates are good for me as well... how soon could we meet? is 10/13 too soon for anyone?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm free Fridays and Saturday's but I could probably get someone to cover me at work on a Sunday if needed.
Anyone wanna throw out places we could meet up to start with?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am out for the 13th. I could do the 20th though as I will be back in Cali. I just did a ride up hwy 9 to Alices this last weekend and it was a nice ride. We could eat lunch at Alices and continue on or go back to Saratoga. We could meet at the 76 gas station in Saratoga. Lots of bikers meet there before the ride.

·
Registered
336 Posts
All of those dates are good for me as well... how soon could we meet? is 10/13 too soon for anyone?
My roommate and I go riding almost every weekend in areas around Northeast / East bay area if you ever want to join
PM me and we can exchange contact info

Skyline is a great ride - we could tentatively set that for the 20th

Other options are East bay as well (Redwood Rd, Palomeras, Pinehurst, Bear Creek Rd). We could even plan for a longer trip up North through wine country or along the coast (1)
Hell, we could even make this a monthly thing :rock:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I hate to segregate but I try to ride every Saturday that I am in town. So far have gone all around the dams in South SJ/Morgan Hill area then over into Watsonville and then the trip up 9. If anyone in the SJ area wants to go let me know. I usually ride with one of my friends he got me into the SV even though he rides an R1.

I would like to do a group ride with everyone in NorCal schedule permitting.

Maybe post up some dates for rides that are generally agreeable and then we can pick which ones we can go on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
My roommate and I go riding almost every weekend in areas around Northeast / East bay area if you ever want to join
PM me and we can exchange contact info

Skyline is a great ride - we could tentatively set that for the 20th

Other options are East bay as well (Redwood Rd, Palomeras, Pinehurst, Bear Creek Rd). We could even plan for a longer trip up North through wine country or along the coast (1)
Hell, we could even make this a monthly thing :rock:
It seems that the 20th is a pretty good date for everyone... agreed?
Skyline (Highway 35) seems like a really good ride! For those who aren't familiar with the route, here's a video of the scenery...

Anyone know of a good rally point to meet? (assuming we ride south) Maybe somewhere in San Mateo or Half Moon Bay?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Thats a little far south for me. Id really like to do a ride though. If anyone is also interested in anything north of San Fransisco let me know, lots of nice rides up here too.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm live in sj now, I'm keeping an eye on this thread for the actual date!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle - I can't believe my iPhone can use a Motorcycle

·
Registered
101 Posts
20th works for me. I was up at Skyline this weekend and it was awesome. It will be even better if the weather is a little cooler on the 20th. Gotta watch out for those 10 speed SOB's though I had a group cut me off and then another group split out over the whole lane in front of me. Have to be a little careful when you come back down 9 into Saratoga though they are doing some construction and the have huge humps and lots of steel plates in the road. Saw a 10-speeder on the ground after he lost it on the jacked up road.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thats a little far south for me. Id really like to do a ride though. If anyone is also interested in anything north of San Fransisco let me know, lots of nice rides up here too.
Been meaning to explore up there - game to ride one of these weekends

I like exploring the bay area and will go all over
So maybe just post up in here if you're going out on a weekend ride and want company :eek:ccasion14:

Otherwise, a ride in the Skyline area on the 20th sounds like a tentative plan. I'm coming out pretty far for this, so I'll let you SoBay riders pick a meetup spot

1 - 20 of 78 Posts