Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled into job training for four weeks!!! Starting 8/22 through 9/16. This means no deal's gap for me. But wait! Training is held in Atlanta, GA (about 3 hours from the gap and some great riding to get there via route 60). I am racking my brain to figure out how I can get my bike down there for the weekend. Perhaps I can rent a bike. Not a clue but I would really appreciate some innovative ideas.

I am flying to Atlanta for 8/22, flying back to Philly for labor day weekend and then again to Atlanta right after. Then I stay in Atlanta until 9/16 when I fly back to Philly. Since the rally 2.5 is on the weekend of 9/9, and i would only be 3 hours away I would love to figure out a way to ride with the rest of you.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Igor

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Its the weekend of 9/2. Is there anyone else going from your area who could trailer your bike there?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AlexJ said:
Its the weekend of 9/2. Is there anyone else going from your area who could trailer your bike there?
So I just noticed the date was changed back to 9/2. I definitely can't make that date so I guess it becomes a moot point.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Igor, if I can manage it with work I am still going to try to be there for the week.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hrmmm. I might know somebody who might be there the whole week that might have room in the back of his perty new truck. All depends if he can find someone else who wants to go for the week and help split room costs.
Maybe...? :?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
stranger said:
AlexJ said:
Josh were you ever going to come?
not unless you figure out how i can get more vacation time this year. with the honeymoon and all....

but i just like to tease you :p

oh sure, pick your dumb wife over alex... prick. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Indeed Josh!!

Brad, Stu and I will be looking for people to share with to reduce our costs too - but we won't know how long we are going for until nearer the time. We have already agreed to share with JohnESV and his girlfriend - so maybe if there are enough of us sharing, we could get one of the nice big cabins that the MI guys had.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I'm hoping someone in the Orlando area what's to trailer my bike up there or I have to try to trailer her up there on my original honda clutch with almost 140k on it. I just don't have another $400 to spend on a cluch and make the trip. :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quintin said:
its not an sv, but in myrtle beach harley dealers were renting buel firebolts for 70 bucks a day.
If I can find a harley dealer who rents firebolts the Atlanta area then you'll definitely see me riding a buell at the gap (the weekend of 9/9 anyway)! Does anyone know that this is the case?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rivited said:
Hrmmm. I might know somebody who might be there the whole week that might have room in the back of his perty new truck. All depends if he can find someone else who wants to go for the week and help split room costs.
Maybe...? :?
What an idea...I appreciate the offer and thought about asking you but I won't be able to go for the entire week (only the weekend of 9/9) and that would require someone to pick-up and drop off my bike since I would be in Atlanta.

I can't imagine one person dealing with multiple bikes. Hopefully, I can rent something like a buell and meet up with you there for that weekend. When are you leaving from the gap?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AlexJ said:
Igor, if I can manage it with work I am still going to try to be there for the week.
Let me know As your plans firm up closer to the date and I hope to find you there Alex.

·
Registered
139 Posts
AlexJ said:
Brad, Stu and I will be looking for people to share with to reduce our costs too - but we won't know how long we are going for until nearer the time. We have already agreed to share with JohnESV and his girlfriend - so maybe if there are enough of us sharing, we could get one of the nice big cabins that the MI guys had.
Me likey the less money idea. And I'm a little angel, you'd hardly notice me. I'd really like to go for the whole week, but it's gonna depend on room sharing. Money will likely be tight with another track day in the near future and replacing parts from my little oops at the last one. :oops: Lemme know when you know. ...Brad

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
OK well it seems that many of us don't know what we are doing yet - and there is plenty of time. So I'm not going to worry about it for now we can firm up arrangements later.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts