Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few days ago i ran out of gas. like completely. :-[ luckily, i was a few yards from a gas station. I filled her up, and went on my way. Then, yesterday, i was riding and the overtemperature light came on (02 standard model) and when i pulled over i heard the radiator boiling, but no fluid came out. I noticed that the fan didnt turn on. Now today, my sv feels lackluster when i get on the throttle. it just seems like its struggling when i really give it the gas. Is there any relation to this and the gas? are my carbs dry? also, is there any reason why the fan won't turn on? Thanks...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Running out of gas should have no bearing on your overheating problem. If there was no water in your radiator..then it had to of gone somewhere...either by leaking out...or into the combustion chamber. Its possible you could now have a warped head or blown gasket from overheating. I would get it checked out ASAP before riding and further

N

·
0 Posts
The fan won't come on if there's no water in the radiator since there's nothing for the thermo switch to read. If you somehow lost a lot of coolant, I have to wonder just where it went. Check your oil.

It sounds like the engine seized, but I'd be very happy to be wrong in this case.

:(

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
An unfortunate +1 here. If you heard boiling noises and there was no coolant coming out of the overflow the radiator could have been dry already. Do you check levels regularly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts