Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it looks like this design is what is working.

This thread isn't for orders, I will take those via email when the time comes (I'm going to set up a seperate email address just for patch orders). However, the design is somewhat finalized, but the sizing isn't. I need to get a general consensus on what size is best.

So, vote in the pole, voice your opinions, and post up your own design if you'd like - nothing is set in stone yet.

Oh yeah, if you're not planning on ordering a patch, then don't vote.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Size

I'm torn on the size thing.....In a way I'd like them on both shoulders like the Joe Rocket badge but then again it'd be cool to have a large one for the back of my jacket. This way when I pass some unsuspecting poser on a sportbike he'll immedietly know he got smoked by an SV. :D :lol: 8)

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Registered
29 Posts
That thing looks like something out of a "Simpson's" episode... :? Something about it says, "Not cool." IMHO, not that it matters...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shape

Willius said:
That thing looks like something out of a "Simpson's" episode... :? Something about it says, "Not cool." IMHO, not that it matters...
What if the shape was changed to oval maybe???

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Max, as we discussed, that looks great!

I mentioned to Max that the engine protrusions may need a thicker black line for the patch, but other than that, I think it looks perfect.

Without the white background, this is what it'll look like (of course, the black border will be added onto the engine protrusions):

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why the colored oval in the background?? Why not just die cut around the SV and motor logo?

Like this hat I got:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
beatpusher said:
Why the colored oval in the background?? Why not just die cut around the SV and motor logo?

Like this hat I got:

Unlike your hat, the patch needs shape around the engine, hence the oval. I'm no patach expert, but I assume the cost would go way up if the design is cut around the engine and text. The oval is done in Team Suzuki colors, so the design does have meaning behind it:

·
OberKommandant
6,127 Posts
Looks great! I definitely like the oval the best. Is it me, or does the engine look like its turned just a bit counter-clockwise? Is it like that on the bike?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Getting better and better

Guys,

The design is getting better and better. Its beginning to look a little more refined. Make it and they will come(or buy).

Craig
'05 Sv650S

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
xyster101 said:
Input is needed. I changed the outter edges and darkened the engine to so it blends with the background more.
Oh sweetness. I would prefer a smaller one- to put on my jacket sleeve, backpack, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
but where is the YELLOW!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
73 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
beatpusher said:

Like this hat I got:

Unlike your hat, the patch needs shape around the engine, hence the oval. I'm no patach expert, but I assume the cost would go way up if the design is cut around the engine and text. The oval is done in Team Suzuki colors, so the design does have meaning behind it:

Yeah so just put a white border around it. the bloods and crips are going to get mad cause you mixed their colors.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Guys and Gals, I'm kinda new here.. and i ride a Honda...(at least until i can save up for a SV). But I had an idea for a patch.... hope you dont mind if i post it.

If you like it tell me, I have the photoshop and illustrator files still around. if anyone wants em.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts