Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested in future plans for everyone who has put substantial mileage on the SV. I know many peeps sell their sportbikes before mileage gets too high, but I wonder if the SV rider crowd is the same? Are you going to keep that SV till it stops running?
Maybe your are going to sell at a certain point and buy a more recent model? What is your plan as of now.(Of course this is subject to change at any time) :)

Personally, I can't see selling my SV in the near future with 40K(kilometers) on the bike and I can see myself having it for a long time to come while possibly adding another bike to the stable. 8)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Well, I'm sitting at around 19k right now. I figure RandyO has over 100k on his.....

I guess I'll get another 6 or 7 years out of mine, then get a 2011 SV1300 Naked. I'm sure they'll have those by then. :D

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
WeezerKDI said:
Well, I'm sitting at around 19k right now. I figure RandyO has over 100k on his.....

I guess I'll get another 6 or 7 years out of mine, then get a 2011 SV1300 Naked. I'm sure they'll have those by then.  :D
LMAO... right on, brother!
Josh

N

·
0 Posts
Only 40K miles on mine so I've got a little time to decide. Once I retire it from daily use, I'll probably keep it around for a loaner bike or even as a light-duty trail bike. It won't have much value left by then anyway...

:)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
...... Once I retire it from daily use, I'll probably keep it around for a loaner bike or even as a light-duty trail bike. It won't have much value left by then anyway...

:)

+1

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I figure most people want to keep the SV. But I also know of some who went to an I4. I am happy with what I have, though I may look at a 2nd bike more capable for touring 2 up. ;D

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm never getting rid of it (or my WRX). Will do whatever it takes to keep it great shape. I look forward to being an old man riding around on my classic SV ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'll hold it and buy a goldwing to add to the stable. This way I'll have a play bike when I want and have a touring bike for my road trips.

Can't see myself buying another type of sportsbike with the exception of a triumph or aprilla.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Well it depends if the Civic dies first but I think that I'll keep it till something else with a V-twin comes out.

V

·
0 Posts
I've got 47,000 on my '02 and just bought an '05 Bandit 1200S. My plan was to keep the SV but my wife is pressuring me to let it go. Like someone said earlier, I don't know what value the market will allow for this high mileage bike, so I will be making my decision to let it go based on what I can expect to get out of it.

Hopefully, I'll find out it's worth more to me than it is tho someone else and I'll be keeping it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got about 24,000 mi on mine, but city living is really hard on it. I figure when I graduate, I'll decide if I'm going to restore it or replace it. Of course I get tempted by other bikes. Right now I'm tempted by the Buell City X or Ulyssees (the rear seat/backrest/luggage rack is the coolest damn thing)

Y

·
0 Posts
I will, but I cannot say that I wont have another bike this winter... I will bring a few surprises to SV Rally 2006... I am not going to post pictures of the mods to the SV or the "new" bike... Everyone will just have to wait in suspense for damn near a year ;D

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I've got around 22k on mine right now. You can have my SV when it or I am dead and buried. Not before.

When I get another bike - it will be in addition to the SV and not a substitute.

If I were to sell it at the shop - it'd be the 2nd highest mileage bike on the floor right now. Not much more - and it'd be THE highest mileage bike. The sad thing is - the high-mileage rig is a 2000 Kawi Concours. A bike designed to eat mileage.

I'm about to put my fifth or sixth rear tire on it and can't imagine getting rid of it. Can't let that much guaranteed fun slip away. I'd hate myself.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts