Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 335 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this hasn't been done yet (my memory tells me no, but it would not be the first time it had failed me, hehe). I'm interested in knowing how many forum members we've got aboard naked SVs versus the faired SVS.

For the record, I think I'm the typical guy in that I get bitten by the grass is greener bug from time to time. I like my naked, but sure wish I had the S model for high speed highway work.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hear ya on the greener grass thing, sometimes I wish I had a bad ass nekkid streetfighter, with low clip-ons, dual front headlights, Autometer tach/speedo/temp/oil press guages all in a row over teh top triple tree. Man would that be awesome. Then I look at my bike, and damn is she SEXY!!! :p :p :p

·
Hall Monitor
2,738 Posts
Uhh... how do I vote, Sarge? You left off the category for \"my bike converts back and forth between SV and SVS\". :D

Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
No doubt for me..

For looks I have to say my SVS is a no-brainer. What I just got finished doing though is checking out all the good info on the larger sprocket size mod to increase the lower end. Haven't had my bike to top speed yet.. but I doubt I will ever need to do 130+ anyway so I'm deliberating on converting some of that wasted juice to the more sane operating range. (not to mention the wheelie-ability added) Other than that I love the SVS and wouldn't want it any other way. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm glad I have my nekid sv, but I am still looking for someting to break the wind. Especially now that the weather is getting cooler I need some protection so I can ride her into winter! Any opinions on givi's?

Ride hard and Ride safe

·
Registered
811 Posts
Re: No doubt for me..

\" \" said:
For looks I have to say my SVS is a no-brainer.
I say that is a matter of opinion. Personally, I think the SVS is fugly(no offence to anyone that has one). I don't like any bike with a half fairing. I also don't think it looks much better with the lower fairing attached. It looks too much like an afterthought.
Now the SVRider bodykit.... That is a whole different story. I love the way that looks.
All in all, I am very happy a got the naked SV. I like the hooligan look and it is the right color.
Plus since I dropped it this weekend for the first time(hopefully the last), I'm sure glad all that I ended up with is a broken brake lever and a scratched mirror. i would havwe sure hated to have to replace the fairings on a bike with only 500 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I used to think the SVS looked like an SV with a zit on its forehead.. :) But of course it grew on me and I really liked the looks of it with a rider on it.. kind of balances everything out.. it also looks good with the lower fairing.. but after taking a poll of the ladies.. the SV came out as the better looking of the two by far.. and the black was preferred over the yellow.. ;)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would have loved to bought the SVS (I started looking at the SV because i was in love with the TL)but i got my bike back in 99 when they didnt import.My neked bike turns plenty of heads...just wait till i get through with the frame polishing job.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE:

\" \" said:
I'm glad I have my nekid sv, but I am still looking for someting to break the wind. Especially now that the weather is getting cooler I need some protection so I can ride her into winter! Any opinions on givi's?
Talon, I've heard good things about the Givi A755. I think it is one of the better looking scrrens out there. I will hopefully be able to purchase one soon for my SV. I rode last winter and I know I will be much happier if I can keep the cold @ss wind off of my chest.

As far as deciding between the SV/SVS, I looked hard and long at both. I decided on the SV due to the fact that I would be mostly commuting and sitting in traffic a lot. I sure don't regret the choice. The ergos work much better for the task at hand.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The grass is indeed greener - I like how the SVS doesn't have the dime-a-dozen full fairing look (no offense to those who like that :mrgreen: ) but I have found that the low clip-ons makes me sore on long trips. Also, I felt that I didn't need the top end and changed the rear sprocket to a 47 tooth for torque and acceleration. I guess I'm really the owner of an SV650-1/2S :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chalk one up for the SVS

I've got an SVS. Being that I commute 40 miles round trip daily, I wanted some wind protection. Not that I've ridden an unfaired bike for comparison, but the fairing doesn't offer all that much wind pro. I'm in the market for a double-bubble windshield a-la the 2002 RC51 for a little bigger bubble behind the fairing.

The low clipons don't bother me - I consistently ride pedal bikes reasonably long distances that have waay harsher ergos than the SVS. Not that I'm a distance champ on either cycle, by any stretch of the imagination.

And, yeah, I just like how it looks, too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SV or SVS

I have a SVS, but I have to say I like the SV a little more. The baddest looking bike on the PLANET would be a SV with Dual Hi-Renegades and clipons. Love that nekkid look, it's timeless.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like the SVS look, but don't own one. . . yet. I am not sure how I will feel with the lower clipon position (I'm not gettin any younger at 34 :), but I thought that for $150 I could get the adjustable clipons that should make longer commutes more comfy.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the SV look, but I ride on the freeway alot so the wind\\Bug protection is great on the SVS.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think the SVS with full fairing looks the sweetest...

but I'd rather a stunt-inducing nekkid over the stock SVS. I too dislike the half fairing. In fact, if they came in Canada, I prolly would'a bought a nekkid instead.

Most pictures of the SV don't do it justice though.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SV vs. SVS

i'll throw in my two cents -- SV all the way. i'm slowly but surely converting jezibel into a rude little hooligan bitch, hi-mount rene pipe, etc...

overall, it seems that the SV is actually more versitle -- it's easier to put an aftermarket fairing on the SV rather than taking the fairing off the SVS... that, and the SV is not only cheaper off the lot, but it's usually cheaper to insure (i've heard it as low as 1/3 the price of an SVS to insure, actually).

that, and the nekkid is really much more noticible -- the SVS seems to have pretensions of being a full-bore superbike, which it ain't, whereas the SV seems more its own little critter.

jaeger...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want....

..bugs in the teeth, wind in the chest, and the He-man, old-fashioned motorcycle experience. \"Fairing? I don't need no stinking fairing\" I have a Naked SV. In defense of the SVS, I think it is a great marketing item from Suzuki. They have 2 very different bikes in appearance, that are actually not that different. And the SVS is NOT the cookie-cutter Sportbike, it looks great. Is there any other bike sold this way? And the Renegade pipe COMPLETELY changes the feel of the bike. What a joy to rip through the gears...
8)
Cheers, Doug

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Almost...

I have a SVS, but I have to say I like the SV a little more. The baddest looking bike on the PLANET would be a SV with Dual Hi-Renegades and clipons. Love that nekkid look, it's timeless.
UNDERseat Renes, please excuse me while I mop up my keyboard. Wait, excuse me again...and again...and again... HA :p I'm just stoked that we all love the same chassis/engine/smile factor bike!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re:

\"Johnny8Ball\" said:
I like the SVS look, but don't own one. . . yet. I am not sure how I will feel with the lower clipon position (I'm not gettin any younger at 34 :), but I thought that for $150 I could get the adjustable clipons that should make longer commutes more comfy.
Whoa, a thread within a thread? Glad to see another \"old\" guy riding the sporty SV/SVS! LOL! I'm 35.5 years old.

I wonder how old other board members are. A quick look at SV Rider demographics might me interesting.

Guys? Gals? Give it up - age???

1 - 20 of 335 Posts