Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...just picked up an sv to go racing with this coming summer. going to spend the winter getting her in tip top shape. I'll get some pics up soon. also incase anyone was wondering (and i doubt anyone was) you can fit an sv in the back of a honda fit. take the front end and the rear tire off and built a nice little skid and off ya go. pics to come.
i've got an old honda hawk gt as my road bike for the past 6 years. and looking forward to getting on the track with something a little newer. be interesting to see how different the two are. I'll toss pics up of the hawk for the hell of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some photos guys. Bought the bike near a freinds house and then broke it down for transport home at his place after picking it up from the seller.

thats a 2007 honda fit

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Here are some photos guys. Bought the bike near a freinds house and then broke it down for transport home at his place after picking it up from the seller.

thats a 2007 honda fit
That's a handy bit of information. I'm looking at a new hatchback (Mazda3) before my trip out to UT this summer. A trailer might not be necessary.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey Next. took off he fork and the rear wheel along with the tail section which might have fit. built the skid in an hour. some 2x4s and a 2' x 4' piece of half inch ply wood. we framed the whole thing so you can lift it by the skid and then blocked in the rear axle and chocked it up under the front frame sliders and then ratchet strapped the front to some hooks we screwed into the 2x4's. once it was in i ratchet strapped it to the tie down hooks in the back of the fit. didn't move or squeak for 4 hour ride home. it was about 3 hours to stip the bike build the skid and load. 2 people working. have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I am seriously thinking about doing this come summer. I go to the Carolinas each summer for a couple of weeks, and it would be great to be able to ride around a bit while I am there. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats awsome man. i'll take some measure ments for ya next time i'm at my buddy's place. it def worked well for getting it home. we tool the whole front end off but i think you could just slide the fork legs out. good luck. i'm working on a light weight trailer set up for racing. i'll post some up about that when its done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.