Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First if all if this is the wrong place, then sorry. I moderate some car forums, so if this gets moved then cool. I looked for a picture-specific forum, but I didn't see one.

This is my 2000 SV650 when I first bought it two weeks ago (I think the previous owner might have even been a member here) :

And after the matte black paint. The paint was done by a shop that painted the silver car in the pics, and it's bascially a matte black finish that I picked out from various color swatches they had at the body shop:

Suburban machinery bars, added by the previous owner:

Yoshi pipe, again from previous owner:

Dual headlights, again from previous owner:

I left the rear piece gunmetal to match the wheels, and I'll be filling the gaps left by the bar with something asap.

If any pics fail to show, click "refresh" and they'll probably pop in. The server is weird like that.

I'm new to bikes altogether, and this is my first bike. I don't plan on any major mods, just riding it. It needs a new front tire, and it has a very very slight oil seepage from a plate just above the right end case cover. From what I understand it's just a small gasket that is seeping.

I work at a car shop and I'm pretty handy with tools, so I'll probably attempt to fix this myself with the help of a Suzuki manual from the dealer.

What do you guys think about the color? Have you guys seen a matte black SV650?

Oh and if anyone even cares about Hondas here's a pic thrown in:

Thanks for looking! I hope to keep the semi-shiny side up!!!

;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
very nice

Also gets you though speed traps undedected :)

I like that gauge cluster more than the big old digital box on second gen nakeds

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DJ_Saunter said:
very nice

Also gets you though speed traps undedected :)

I like that gauge cluster more than the big old digital box on second gen nakeds

Thanks man.

Yeah I'm getting all the proper riding gear this week, which will include some sort of bright silver helmet and jacket, since the bike isn't very visible.

It's definately a bit nerve racking the way people don't see me and pull out in front of me at the last minute, especially when they had plenty of time to go beforehand.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm curious about the paint job... is it professionally done or rattle can?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DJ_Saunter said:
I'm curious about the paint job... is it professionally done or rattle can?
I added the text about the paint probably after you saw the topic.

It is a professionally done job from a body shop that paintd the silver Civic in the pics. It is actually 2 coats of base, 3 coats of clear. I originally wanted Asphalt Black, a Honda color found on the Interceptor 800, older 919, etc., but the paintjob was FREE and they'd have to special order that color, so I picked out this version from about 40 different matte black swatches.

I don't think I'll even be putting the stickers back on either.

BTW:

Does this thing even look like a Triumph Speed Triple? I've been asked 3 times already if it was one, but I thought they had matte black round tube frames?

Y

·
0 Posts
B18C5-EH2 said:
Does this thing even look like a Triumph Speed Triple? I've been asked 3 times already if it was one, but I thought they had matte black round tube frames?
You've got a little of that going on... The real dumbass' think my bike is a Duc :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice ride.

Don't buy a manual. Sign up at socalsvriders.com, post a few times, and you can download the manual in its entirety. Free is good.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aceluck said:
Nice ride.

Don't buy a manual. Sign up at socalsvriders.com, post a few times, and you can download the manual in its entirety. Free is good.
Free is awesome, but I'd rather have the entire manual in text in front of me when I need it, because I don't have a home PC (shocking!) and I'm not a big fan of PDF files.

Do you guys know if www.helminc.com might sell these? They make OE manuals for a lot of cars. I guess I'll check them out instead of being lazy.

EDIT:

That site sells Honda motorcycle books, but no Suzuki.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dude, download the PDf and print it out at your library or school. 3 ring binders are wooked cheep. Plus if you muck up a page, you can tear it out and reprint it.

Y

·
0 Posts
pokey said:
Dude, download the PDf and print it out at your library or school. 3 ring binders are wooked cheep. Plus if you muck up a page, you can tear it out and reprint it.
I have not found one of the online PDF's that have the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pokey said:
Well I'm an artist (in a band) so I'm not the biggest fan of downloading stuff for free if I can get the real thing, but it would be a nice reference in case I leave the book elsewhere.

Y

·
0 Posts
B18C5-EH2 said:
pokey said:
Well I'm an artist (in a band) so I'm not the biggest fan of downloading stuff for free if I can get the real thing, but it would be a nice reference in case I leave the book elsewhere.
Oh... like Metallica syndrome? Or Napster-itis?

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board!
B18C5-EH2 said:
"..Does this thing even look like a Triumph Speed Triple? I've been asked 3 times already if it was one, but I thought they had matte black round tube frames?"
It's the headlights. Dual HL on a naked are a Triumph signature piece.

B18C5-EH2 said:
"...which will include some sort of bright silver helmet...It's definately a bit nerve racking the way people don't see me and pull out in front of me at the last minute, especially when they had plenty of time to go beforehand..."
Silver's actually pretty invisible- check it out. White, red, Art Freidman orange...although I'm not sure it makes that much difference. As you've already discovered, people are pretty much brain-dead when it comes to bikes. You might try running with your high beams on to give other drivers the full benefit of those Bates (?) lights.

BTW, that's an awesome chunk of CF on that Honda. I didn't notice it until the second pass through the thread- cool!

BTW II, You can buy Delrin frame sliders to protect your bodywork and frame in the event you go down. With the fresh paint n'all, it might not be a bad idea.

BTW III, please explain your user name- is "B18C5-EH2" a Honda engine code or something? I've been trying to get ID 10T, B1 RD, GU 11 etc out of it...

:)

Y

·
0 Posts
nc_sv650 said:
BTW III, please explain your user name- is "B18C5-EH2" a Honda engine code or something? I've been trying to get ID 10T, B1 RD, GU 11 etc out of it...

:)
Ding ding ding!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yup, Honda talk ;)

B18C5 would be an engine code (motor from an integra type r) and then EH2 is a honda chassis code. This signifies a hybrid motor and chasis. Big motor in little car thing.

Y

·
0 Posts
khskenny said:
Yup, Honda talk ;)

B18C5 would be an engine code (motor from an integra type r) and then EH2 is a honda chassis code. This signifies a hybrid motor and chasis. Big motor in little car thing.
Big motor in a little car was that Supra Powered CRX I saw a few years ago.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts