Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen this video? I've just found it and found it quite interesting.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
That rider was quite the *******. He was hiding behind the vehicle he passed, who apparently was signalling to turn left. This is the kind of aggressive riding that not only gets riders killed, but gives the rest of us the reputation as being bad members of the motoring community.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
proper positioning is everything. Both driver and rider made a mistake. Rider should not have been in such a hurry to pass the car. Had he slowed down, kept his distance he would have had no problem with the idiot driver. To make things worse, he SAW the car and KNEW what she was planning on doing, but still decided to be aggressive and hide behind the red car.

Driver, well she should have waited till she knew what was behind the car before turning. This is way to common action amongst drivers, they are impatient and don't want to wait for the correct window to open before turning and rather force their way in.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for chiming in guys.

I was finding it wuite interesting in that he placed so much blame on her. Where he also needed to put a little on himself. His positioning was pretty dang crappy. Especially following a van that is that high and tinted windows. It seems he also banked on the fact that she looked at him. I don't know about anyone else but I always assume no one sees me, thus I would have backed of the throttle there.

I do find it interesting that she stopped to apologize and he berates her. I'm pretty sure she was feeling bad that he almost got taken out. heat of the moment but I still find it quite interesting.

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
I do find it interesting that she stopped to apologize and he berates her.
Adrenaline is a very anti-social drug.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well there's your problem..... He's driving on the wrong side of the road! Jeez

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app
+1 aha

But in all seriousness it's as much the riders fault if not more as it is hers. He knew what was going to happen, so he should have slowed down behind the red van, and just let the woman go. Then to turn around and tear a strip off her while she's apologizing? This guy has a chip on his shoulder he needs to get sorted out.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Straight up douche nozzle for chasing the van driver down. Yea she shouldn't have pulled out like that, but its not like he is innocent in the matter either. He even said " I knew she was going to do it" then why the hell would you not slow down earlier.... Jackwagon.

·
very big dumb
8,897 Posts
i think everyone in the video is just a crazy wreck waiting to happen because they're all driving on the wrong side of the road!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Dude in the bike has no idea wtf he's doing.

1. He was in the truck's blind spot. He shoulda slowed down and prepared for traffic cutting him off

2. Once the truck came into view he had ALL DAY to stop, swerve or a combo. AND he had the space to do it.

The guy made no attempts to move out the way. Man if most of my near misses would be like that I'd stop wearing gear. That wouldn't have even made my heart skip a beat.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Dude in the bike has no idea wtf he's doing.

1. He was in the truck's blind spot. He shoulda slowed down and prepared for traffic cutting him off

2. Once the truck came into view he had ALL DAY to stop, swerve or a combo. AND he had the space to do it.

The guy made no attempts to move out the way.
He DID slow and stop. He had only about 3 seconds from the time the van became visible until when he passed behind it. 3 Seconds at, say, 45 mph is 198 feet (66 feet/second) and it takes at least a good part of a second just to initiate braking in a situation like that. I think he did a pretty darn good job of hauling it down under control and avoiding a crash.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
+1 to what everyone else is saying. He has nothing to be ****** about when he was being so agressive in that situation as well.

Plus, I hate it when motorcycles chase down other cars after a close call. I have seen a lot of videos of people doing it, and it seems the person is either very sorry for it and already understands how close it was, or the person is a complete idiot and tries running or something else that again puts the bike in danger. Either way, nothing is solved by the rider catching them and swearing at them. I know it sucks, but shake it off and get your head back in the game for the rest of the ride.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
He had only about 3 seconds from the time the van became visible until when he passed behind it. 3 Seconds at, say, 45 mph is 198 feet (66 feet/second) and it takes at least a good part of a second just to initiate braking in a situation like that. I think he did a pretty darn good job of hauling it down under control and avoiding a crash.
I agree with you, though he should have already been going slower while comming around the van. Granted, that is WAY easier to say on this side of the screen.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would like to think I would have been slowing. Like you said though "easy from behind the computer screen"

·
Registered
250 Posts
He DID slow and stop. He had only about 3 seconds from the time the van became visible until when he passed behind it. 3 Seconds at, say, 45 mph is 198 feet (66 feet/second) and it takes at least a good part of a second just to initiate braking in a situation like that. I think he did a pretty darn good job of hauling it down under control and avoiding a crash.
your wrong he saw the white van before he aggressively passed the red vehicle.
He even said "I knew she was going to do that"
you cant see the white van making the left turn because of the wide angle lens but the rider could before he decided to overtake the red van turning off the road

·
Super Moderator
8,938 Posts
Prefect example how NOT to approach an intersection when another vehicle is blocking your line of sight.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts