Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Raptor wraps the Suzuki SV650 engine in some stylish skin.  For the next generation SV , Zook should just copy the s**t out of this styling. 8)

·
Registered
430 Posts
to bad you won't find one in the US. The reviews I remember reading a few years ago thought the sv was a better bike...but that was a few years ago. IIRC they tuned the engine a bit differntly in the Cagiva

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did some preliminary research into getting one into the US before I got the SV in 2001. Needless to say, it is rather cost prohibitive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have a friend who sold his gagiva raptor bc he frequently scared himself silly on it.
Personnaly I like this one better; Moto Morini 9 1/2

·
Registered
198 Posts
Schwiiiinnng! Oooooooo....

(we never get the nice toys :-\ :'( )

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Hmm, the "new" Raptor looks an awful lot like the old Raptor with a flyscreen... The engine in the models available up til now was fundamentally identical to the 99-02 model SV. Lovely looking bikes. The thou's even better.

As for the 9 1/2, word is it's shapng up to be a complete disaster... Which would be a real shame.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Uhm...ok....I'll be the 'idiot-that-doesn't-get-it'. But....

I don't get it. They don't look sexy to me.....they look rather.....well....

Pedestrian.

*Ruefus dons a flame-retardant suit and stands there with shrug shoulders*

·
Registered
613 Posts
LiquidLen said:
The new Raptor wraps the Suzuki SV650 engine in some stylish skin. For the next generation SV , Zook should just copy the s**t out of this styling. 8)

That's hot! Anyone know what they'd cost if they sold them here? Would they be comparable to a Monster 620?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ruefus said:
*Ruefus dons a flame-retardant suit and stands there with shrug shoulders* 
Different strokes I suppose. The SV, for me anyway, has always had some rather clumsy lines to it. I've never been a big fan of Suzuki's approach to the trellis frame. Personally I go for the more subtle look of the Cagiva and Ducati frames as opposed to the large and oafish Suzuki ones. Also the facets on the tank are lovely. I also like the softer looking tails of Raptors and Monsters. The SV is a great bike, but admit I would love it more if it was the Raptor. :-[

Maybe I'll need to borrow that flame-retardant suit? :-\

·
Registered
46 Posts

And there's the sportier V-Raptor as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts