Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay quick simple question, which is a pretty obvious one, just need the 100%. The 2nd Gen sv650 exhaust and the sfv650 (Gladius) share the same diameter exhaust tubing correct? I'm just curious because I have become bored with my Yoshi TRS as it seems everyone has it. So if the two bikes have the same exhaust size, a slip-on would be a breeze to fit eh, for instance... The M4 GP :naughty:. I'm going for the look that Slimesbro has with his Muzzy.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I think you can stop bumping this, chances are if no one has responded by now no one knows.

Buy it and see. Worst case you need to have an exhaust shop fab up a connector pipe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
the gladius has an angled exit off the cat (so the slipons have a slight curve to them). Is this the same on the sv? If you want to measure the pipe diameter I can measure my gladius and report back. Even if it works, you'll have to fab mounts (no biggie)

I think it's look great! :rock:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With such a low and small pipe, mounts will not be needed, the mount on the pipe will probably be ground off, but yea I'll try to find measurements of the diameter of the SV piping. Because if it slips on, the bend will not be an issue, as if the angle is upward, I'll just have a higher exhaust ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I mistyped the measurement. the pipe actually measured 1 5/8 inch. The cat on the gladius angles outwards, away from the bike. The bend could, consequently, make the pipe point away from or towards the bike instead of being on a parallel axis.

not my pic, but shows the bend

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That, would, be, AWESOME. And from the sound of it the two header pipes from the two bikes are in general the same size. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup I'll be planning on it this fall/winter after I sell all of my old parts laying around from Gsxr swaps. I'll keep this thread posted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts