Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I bought an SV K8 a little while ago and recently it's had trouble starting.. I was advised to charge the battery, which I've done.. this helped and the bike started.. once.
Again it's failing to start, so I've made a video of my attempt, hopefully your experience can shed some light!
Thanks

http://youtu.be/7PaKMsA6T5k

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
You need a new battery and then you need to test the charging system. Probably just needs a new battery. Just because you had the battery on a charger for two nights, doesn't mean the battery can hold a charge. Recharge the battery and take to an autoparts store to test the battery. I'm sure it will show no go with a load. Unless, of course, you have a loose connection on the battery or maybe the starter motor. I vote for a bad battery.

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
You should still check the output of the R/R at 5Krpm. Even though 2nd gens don't seem to suffer the same R/R failures as 1gens, the charging system should be checked when a new battery is installed. Even Sears does this when you buy a battery from them and have them install for you. The voltage metered at the battery should be 13.5-15VDC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts