Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a sound clip of an sv with an after market exhaust? im trying to pick out an exhaust for my 1000 but want to hear what they sound like first. Ive listened to the holeshot clip, but didnt really like it, it made it sound more like a chopper than a sport bike. this might sound kinda retarded since the bike is a v-twin, but is there any aftermarket exhaust that sounds better? ducatis(spelled right?) are v-twins too right? they just sound different to me , more like an I-4, is there any exhaust that mimics the sound they make?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey, I have the yosh S3 on mine and I love it.. The Holeshot sounds great too, but the yosh is a little more mellow, so with the dual I think the yosh might be better...

PS. I think there is a degree difference in the VTWIN angle between the Duc and the SV. I might be wrong, so don't yell at me guys is I am.. Also, I recall the Ducs having a dry clutch which makes a racket that you can hardly hear the damn pipes!1 :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ducatis are 90 degree twins like the SV. I have the Hole Shot dual high mounts on my 1K and I love them. They are loud, but definitely don't sound like a Harley! Lots of good pipes out there, keep getting opinions and you will find something you like. BTW, don't put to much stock in the sound clips since most pipes sound totally different in real life!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
since i seem to be the resident assh*le, i'll say it.

there used to be a site that a member (avid) maintained with sound clips. he lost it and won't be remaking it. there are no other real known places to go look

as for recommendations, do a search for slip-ons. you'll get as many recommendations as options.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I love my M4 on my SV650, not a 1000 but I have heard several different clips and the yosh...I like the M4 the best (no offence Nick :D) . Send me a PM and I will send you the link for the M4 clip I made.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Im real happy w/ my full HINDLE system, & soo are the hundreds of other riders who have complemented my bikes sound over the years!________5TOEZ______

1 - 14 of 14 Posts