Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the rubber flap between the subframe and the rear cylinder do anything in particular besides keep dirt off the motor? There aren't any wires or essential bits connected to it?

I've already started hacking trim pieces and guards off and this looked like a good candidate ;D

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to prop the subframe up to get to the rear shock and decided to remove the whole thing to cut the tool box off. There is a rubber sheet that pops into the battery box that goes under the tank. I assumed it was a dirt cover for the rear cylinder. I haven't completely torn the bike apart to see where it goes or does but less stuff to take off is always appreciated.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
ya sometimes sarcasm/deadpan humor doesn't translate well to the typed word hehe

(translation - never had one of these on any of the racebikes, never had an issue...they are gen1 sv650s)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I assumed it was a dirt cover for the rear cylinder. I haven't completely torn the bike apart to see where it goes or does but less stuff to take off is always appreciated.
On my 03 I took the rubber flap off temporarily when I mounted my penske reservoir. I ended up cutting it smaller and putting some of it back on.

When I had the whole thing off I didn't like how the fuel hose sat on the engine...or something like that...it was a few months ago so I can't remember exactly what. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts