Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

DBuzz here, from Australia!
What the hell happened to the old SVDU site I used to be a part of?

Anyway, Just wanted to say hello, after lurking for many years I finally decided to register. I've owned my beloved SV1000S K3 model for about 5 years now, and after one engine rebuild, it's still going strong. I keep it in really good condition and have vowed to never sell it. Enjoy the pic.

Anyone from Brisbane on here? Don't suppose anyone knows what happened to the old SV Downunder site? Presumably I have found the equivalent board here for Aussies.

Pleased to meet you all,

Dan O0

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi DBuzz
The SV Downunder site shut down, the administrators moved on, I'm from SA, Mechdziner
the crab/lobster is probally a Crayfish

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys and thanks for the welcome,

I found another site called "OzSV", anyone know if it's any good?

HAHA Mechdziner,
You're talking about the "Moreton Bay Bug" .. I think they're disgusting, but a lot of folks love 'em.

I'm just replacing my radiator hoses at the moment, who knew it would be so damn hard?? ...

Ride safe everyone.

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thought I'd add to this. Just bought my bike on Saturday, waiting for the call to pick it up. The wait is killing me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Digging up an old thread I know but I'm another Brisbane based SV owner. Had my 05 650N since 2008. Had a bit of a break from riding but got my bike up and running again last weekend for the first time in 3 and a bit years and it was great to go for a quick ride again. Still a couple of little things to attend to before she is Mt Nebo ready but hopefully not to much longer. Might see you out there.
Cheers
Jimmy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok Guys
I live up on the Sunny Coast and picked up a 2005 SV1000 about 5 weeks ago. I also have an R1200GS for getting moderately dirty on and doing the coffee runs with the missus or if I want to get real dirty I have a KTM 525. I have always hankered for something to turn into a hooligan bike and want to modify it into a single seater streetfighter kind of thing, the sound the SV makes, gets my blood pumping. I have 1 question, does any of you know if someone in Australia does the clutch basket modification or sells a complete clutch ready to go?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts