Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the battery out of my second gen SV to start another bike, and now it won't start. Put it in dealer mode, and saw c00, which I believe to be no error code.

Ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,937 Posts
You might try
- make sure the battery is 100% charged
- then crank the bike with the throttle wide open, no more than 10 seconds straight, let the starter motor cool between. This will help clear it out if loaded up.
- then try with throttle closed, hand off the grip.
- if still no go, try remove and clean the plugs. While the plugs are out, test for spark.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I had a problem like that earlier this year. Took the battery out and put it on a tender inside so it wouldn't freeze. When I put it back in the bike I hooked up my PC to the positive rather than the negative. Was cranking all day long with no chuff. So you may feel kinda :tard: right now but at least you didn't have to pay the shop to tell you you're a dolt. :sbmfacepalm:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
chances are it should be grounded at the battery because it's tapped into a pink (?) wire on the harness at the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yeah, the tapped wire near the battery is the ground. Mine has a red plastic boot on the ring connector. Don't ask me why though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts