·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i want a tank.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the seller just informed me the tank is in Iraq, and I would have to make shipping arrangements myself, BUT he'd take the SV in for 5K and says the tank has fresh oil and a full tank of fuel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hmm, since it would be impossible to fully use the tank by yourself, maybe you should gather up some more people and go in on it together. :)

·
Chief Greeter
28,637 Posts
Well the seller just informed me the tank is in Iraq, and I would have to make shipping arrangements myself, BUT he'd take the SV in for 5K and says the tank has fresh oil and a full tank of fuel.
Do it! Make sure to put a SVR sticker on it. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know how these people even figure that they are fooling anyone. It's beyond me, how there's always a sucker out there that falls for these scams. A $3 mill tank (back in '98 ), that would cost tons of money to ship back to CONUS, for 35K? I'd like to meet the fool that shells out any kind of cash for that, I've got some good swamps here in Florida that I'd like to sell 'em.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know how these people even figure that they are fooling anyone. It's beyond me, how there's always a sucker out there that falls for these scams. A $3 mill tank (back in '98 ), that would cost tons of money to ship back to CONUS, for 35K? I'd like to meet the fool that shells out any kind of cash for that, I've got some good swamps here in Florida that I'd like to sell 'em.
Dude, it just some person's poor attempt at political satire.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone know what it would cost to ship a 135,200 lbs tank halfway around the world? Really makes you think about where your tax dollars are going. I'm guessing they'd have to drain the fuel tank to ship it unless you want to just drive it home. The good news is that gas turbine isn't terribly picky about fuel (kerosene, diesel, gasoline, ethanol, whatever)....

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hey, give it time...Obama will start selling off our military equipment for pennies on the dollar as he drives our economy into the ground. It'll be just like the Soviets selling off their arsenals to cover their national debt. Use to be anyone could buy a MiG or Su Fighter for under a million along with some spare parts.

So what I'm saying is WAIT...Obama will give you a better deal and you might get free shipping if you select the Buy It Now feature! I'm holding out for an F/A18 but in the meantime, I'll have to pick up my twin turbojet endorsement.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hey, give it time...Obama will start selling off our military equipment for pennies on the dollar as he drives our economy into the ground. It'll be just like the Soviets selling off their arsenals to cover their national debt. Use to be anyone could buy a MiG or Su Fighter for under a million along with some spare parts.

So what I'm saying is WAIT...Obama will give you a better deal and you might get free shipping if you select the Buy It Now feature! I'm holding out for an F/A18 but in the meantime, I'll have to pick up my twin turbojet endorsement.

Silly how people create FUD on the internet. The economy was driven into the ground by some complex issues over the last eight to ten years. It's easy to point the finger at one person like Bush or now Obama but the issue is way more complex. Here are some (not all) examples of why we are in trouble:

1. Poor home lending practices from greedy lending institution with little government oversight.
2. Americans using the easily available home equity credit and as well as using credit cards as an ATM to buy unnecessary luxury items.
3. U.S. government running two wars financed by bonds sold overseas to countries like China.
4. The American public living beyond there means and not saving any of their paycheck. (see #2)
5. Price of fuel going up because of the war mentioned in #3, plus the fact it is a disappearing resource due to rising consumption in new economies like India, China, Russia, and Brazil. This rise in fuels cost adds to the cost other items like food.
6. Americans love their cheap imports and mega stores. This causes American business to shut their plants in the US and move operations overseas to stay competitive. Unfortunately, the people who love the cheap imports now can't buy them because they lost their job at said plant.
7. U.S. car manufactures continued to make giant gas guzzlers with thorough knowledge of #5 and not really wanting to innovate. It's hard not to see a prius or civic hybrid every five blocks in my city.
8. Weakening dollar against foreign currency due to #3

list goes on.....

We Americans are all guilty of some part of this mess. I bought an SV650 because it was cheaper and more reliable (perceptibly) than a Buell City-X. As you can see this is a complex issue with no simple solution. Reading between the lines and judging by our responses, you can also see that the intention of this thread has nothing to do with an SVs, but to spark a political discussion. This should of been posted in the open forum, but the OP (like me) probably does not want to spend the money on a subscription due to sh1tty economy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wait a second stinky you're making this way to complicated. We only blame the the person on top of the heap of either party for all of the problems. And now you come in here throwing around logic and common sense. Mods I call for a ban, or at least a very strong reprimand;D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Silly how people create FUD on the internet. The economy was driven into the ground by some complex issues SINCE THE EARLY 1990s.
Fixed it for ya :D

The GAO submitted a report in 1994 after two years of study that said over-the-counter derivatives would be the ruin of the banking industry without increased government regulation and oversight. The report was branded reactionary and over protective by lawmakers, the administration and Wall Street.

We are reaping the bitter harvest of some bad seeds.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I few years back someone was selling Russian 1950's tanks for 30+k delivered to the US. But that was back when Russia was dead broke. Supposedly the turret was welded shut, you could drive it with a parade permit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts