Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumping the SV during Scottish Trials at the local BMW rally. Rear wheel came off the ground a couple feet. Landed great.

·
MOTORADOR
10,780 Posts
:dizzy:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
You're at the peak of the hill and your front end is much much higher than the apex of the vertices. That's a wheelie, not a jump.

Nice grab though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're at the peak of the hill and your front end is much much higher than the apex of the vertices. That's a wheelie, not a jump.

Nice grab though. :thumbsup:
There was a small "jump" behind the crest of the hill. Basically a 2x12 balanced on a cinder block. There wasn't any wheelie involved. This isn't the first time I've competed on the SV in this event.

The SV jumps really front heavy. You'll want to wind it out in the air as the weight of the engine pulls the front wheel down quick.

Nice helmet.
My helmet is the new Arai Whicker. Woven grasses will be replacing carbon fiber in most industrial applications shortly. Ducati is working on a frame of woven wheat and rye grasses for the 2015 season.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
There was a small "jump" behind the crest of the hill. Basically a 2x12 balanced on a cinder block.
Ahhh-hah! Got it. That makes things much clearer now.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't get it.

Is this part of the halftime show?
I go to this rally every year. On the second day there is a technical trials course. It's always laid out on a steep slope and is a complex course with lots of off camber hill, a jump, lots of tight turns and stuff. Most people run the course on BMW GS bikes or KTM adventure bikes. Some on real dirt bikes.

Needless to say the SV is pretty much one of the stupidest bikes to run the course on. It has an awful turning radius and turns on a steep grass hill are not exactly a forte.

None the less I do this every year since I get a kick out of knocking over cones and jumping a street bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts